I'm getting a Hobbit!

Wooooo! I'm on vacation in Cocoa Beach, and on my way back north, I'm stopping in Atlanta to pick up my new Hobbit:) PA50 35mph version. Yellow with spokes. I'm super stoked!

Re: I'm getting a Hobbit!

Pisser.

Hobbit reigns supreme.

Ped of the year! Woo! I would probably trade it for a pinto though.

Just so you know, they are 30mph version.

Awesome! You will love it!

35 is just what the ad said. Either way, I'll make it scream. Thanks for the info though.

I went 40 mph on mine down a huge hill and almost shit my pants. It was temporarily the 40 MPH version, ha ha.

The Hobbit is the coolest vehicle on earth and equally anyone who drives one is instantly not a huge douche.

35 without you on it. ;)

I've had 2 and both tried to kill me. Srsly,they be moody beasts, but they are rippable. Look up the variator mod, the performance reeds and the proma circuit pipe. Then you have 40mphish.

working on mine this weekend.

i miss my hobbit..

So I picked it up today. Its in pretty good shape. Has compression, and sounds like it wants to start, but it won't. No spark I think. I'm gonna wait til I get back from georgia tomorrow, and try a new plug. The variator is making a weird scraping noise though. I've never had a variated bike. How should I go about fixing that? This guy may be up for grabs at wizbiz2. Depends on what people offer for trades. I may end up falling in love with this things though.

It is hard not to love them, the carbs and tanks need to be spotles for them to run right. I have a service manual if you need it, check the rear drive hub to be sure there is oil in it, 70cc of gear oil if I'am not mistaken, that sometimes evaps or leaks away and can kill your final drive. Mine will hit 31-32 with my 200lb ass on it so if you are lighter you maybe could see 35, the proma pipe is the shit, no carb mods needed and adds quite a bit of power. They use a 25:1 mix rich by todays standards but if you use good oil it should be cool, that is what I use in mine. Due to this rich mix however if they get out of whack they can foul out quickly or pluck exhaust/ports. Enjoy your bike!

I am in Jacksonville, Florida, so when you pass thru bring what moped stuff you can to sell or trade me.

Thanks guys! It sounds like its gonna be a fun bike.

Patrick, I'm already out of florida. I passed through jacksonville briefly though. I was really wanting to make it to the treasure coast ride:/

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account