sprockets

Can anyone recommend the cheapest place to get front sprockets for a Minarelli V1? and can you tell me the largest tooth size you've seen for a front sprocket (not just Minarelli). Just curious.

daveb

Re: sprockets

TheMopedJunkyard.com has 9,10,12, & 13 tooth for 19.95

My Tomos has a 27 tooth, but it hardly looks compatible with the

Minarelli, You could probably fit the 9 tooth inside the 27 tooth

Tomos sprocket, or perhaps weld it in place hmmmm...

How radical do you want to get :-)

On a similar note, I have the same question for the Tomos, anyone

seen anything bigger than the 27 tooth. I'm willing to modify the case

to accomodate it :-)

I have no qualms about moding out my ped. since I'm going to have to weld to get higher than 13 anyway I think I'll check out what kind of sprockets the local hardware store has. thanks for the idea.

daveb

Reeperette /

Find a cycle salvage yard and go dig around out there - sometimes you find interesting bits you can adapt.

-Ree

gimmiejimmie /

Hi Ree,

Hope all is well with you.

Jim

great idea Ree, Know any good cycle salvage yards near Michigan?

Reeperette /

I will find out, soon enough, I guess....tho I live on the other side of the state.

I guess I'll take a looksee round here and see what is to be had.

It's nice (for once) so Imma take the Targa out and play with it a bit....

-Ree

Reeperette /

::while winding masking tape around stitches-deep screwdriver gash in finger:::

No friggin wonder it was doggin, the exhuast is caked with crap, as well as the carb, cyl, etc...lotsa carbon on the pistonhead too...compression is good, got that nice squizz-thoomp noise when I spins it, tho.

Looks like some mixture adjustments in order...

::pause to mop up the blood::

Just once, I'd like to know how to friggin disconnect the damn oil line from the oil tank to the trans spinner withOUT cuttin mah damn hand trying to pry that damn clamp loose !

How are you supposed to loosen em ? mind...iff'n ya tell me to stick a screwdriver in the slit and turn it..imma shoot you - that's how this happened.

Not to mention that one can get the carb out without dismountin the whole trans, but in order to get the airbox (whatever the hell that is that attaches to the back of the carb) out, you have to remove the whole trans...so instead of pullin 2 bolts and loosening one - ya hafta remove tons of other shite to do it.

Argh, anyhow - here's the next step (don't laff, it works).

Take the carb and all associated pieces (sometimes even the piston, rings and lower cylinder too, but not this time)...and put em in a plastic dishtray of some sort.

Generously squeeze a whole buttload of Dawn dishwashin liquid all over the works, and let it soak in a few minnits (sure, you could use somethin else...if you really wanna piss off everyone in the house with the smell......) and then bring on some hot water and scrub down real good with the "toothbrush", as they call out, out of the ole M16 cleanin kit.

As fer compressed air, since I got nothin of the sort handy, imma just unload my custom air pistol (one of them expensive, near-lethal jobbies) and use that to blow out all the little holes and stuff.

After that, onto dryin, re-assembly and mixture mods, plugs a hair darker than it should be, so we gots to lean this out a mite.

-Ree

glad i don't own a targa.

bout how long can you ride before a ped gunks up on you? mine have never neaded cleaning and I ride all the time.

daveb

Never know what you find when searching for .. things of the past.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account