UK Customs Charges

I just got a notice in the mail saying that my treats have been retained by HM Customs until I pay

Re: UK Customs Charges

You should not have had to pay tax in the U.S. if the items ordered were for export. Send an email to TREATS and ask them to credit the tax charge back to you.

About U.K. Customs, you are stuck paying that.

UK Customs Charges

thanks for that, i sent an email saying what had happened but not asking for a tax credit. i'll do that now.

i hate tax

UK Customs Charges

Could the UK be taxing treats and you as in double billing?

no tax on exports (sales) You would most likely have to pay the UK VAT on the incomming goods as that is your tax (17%) I think.

If you resell it out of the country you get the vat back.

some times using the post office for shipments helps the tax situation and so does devaluating the goods bought

Fred

still waiting for an email from treats, i'm sure it'll all get sorted out

Luke Evans /

don't worry it happens to everyone, i ordered some 'puch' shirts from http://www.metroracing.com/ break>

and customs retained them, if i remember right i had to pay 20 odd quid in vat,

its just one of those things, when buying from outside europe you need to add vat, sometimes items manage to avoid customs, but they are few and far between

Luke

Steve Williams /

i buy a lot of r/c gear from hong kong and have never had to pay extra,they always put gift with a value of $7 on the customs declaration.

Luke Evans /

[quote="steve"]they always put gift with a value of $7 on the customs declaration.[/quote]

exactly, you get away with so much but when you hit the thresh hold you have to pay VAT on anything over it, its the same when you come back off holiday from outside the EU thats why you have the 'Declaration Counter'

Luke

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account