Where to eat in Seattle, University district

Just got into town, looking for some dinner. Any good/cheap places near the university district? I think I am at about 12th and 45th

Re: Where to eat in Seattle, University district

Go to Thai Toms.

Or better yet, go to Cedars on 13 and 43rd and then walk to Scarecrow video afterwards. Trust me.

Emperor Swagustus /

thanks joel. you answered just in the nick of time. I was ready to up and leave and find a place on my own

hard to believe Scarecrow still exists ... if you like film, you should check it out. and if Cinema books is still there ... there used to be this great German deli next to Scarecrow (or near it) on Roosevelt. cheap sandwiches. For pub food and beer, you can't miss with the College Inn Pub (basement of the college inn).

Emperor Swagustus /

Scarecrow was sweet. What a selection

Go to cedars!!! I work right underneath there! Haha. I make soap at Ballard Organics which is downstairs next to the Bratwurst place... Cedars is actually delish! Although just to warn you they have recently had a cockroach problem. But last week they had pest control come in...

Cockroach dander is an aphrodisiac so watch it

In the Scarecrow book they tell a story of how one day during the summer they got a call from a guy that wanted walking directions from downtown. For those of you that don't know, downtown is a pretty long walk from the University District, especially in the summer. So they tried to tell the guy to just take a cab but he insisted that he wanted to walk in the city and look around. So they gave him directions and about an hour later a really sweaty Quentin Tarantino showed up.

I don't know if Scarecrow will survive Netflix but if you need a region free dvd player and some awesome dvds that were never released in the US (I've almost seen all of the Norwegian movies), or if you prefer to do your movie browsing by director, or you need some obscure art film that no one else has (Cremaster anyone? Make sure you have a $10,000 deposit). Yeah, Scarecrow is awesome.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

WRONG FORUM FUCK FACE!

seattle is pretty rad when it's nice out, how long you in town for?

you should stop at the shop and say hi! bring sparks.

Emperor Swagustus /

In town tonight through tomorrow afternoon/early evening.

Sparks? Maybe I am dense but what is that?

Let me see if I can get to the shop, open till 8 today right?

Julian - you riding on the Moby? Did you move out west?

Check out the retail showroom I designed at 3rd and Lenora, SieMatic. It's kinda near the library. I wish I knew about Seattle Mopeds when I did this job, I would have visited.

I did like SEA...

Emperor Swagustus /

Mick

I rode my moby out to seattle last week.

No I am visiting U of W for grad school, unfortunately not really finding research that I am excited about...which is a bummer because I am quickly falling for Seattle.

Oh that's right I remember the road trip post, LOL. Check out Portland too - maybe even better.

If you go downtown check out McLeod Residence, lot's of cool people hanging out there drinking beer.

Emperor Swagustus /

Yes yes portland is very close to my heart as well. Not many potential schools there for me though.

Joel beat me, but Thai Tom Is best.

yeah, I know every story there is about Scarecrow (and many that would never be put into print) because I worked there for years ... one of my many other lives ...

Jules, what are you going to grad school for?

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

sparks is delicious canned awesome.

shop closes at 7 on the week day, we'll be there till 4 tomorrow!

well, responsible jon and myself will be anyway!

Emperor Swagustus /

jon, dean, I will get to the store before four, or I will roar

Rob- environmental engineering

I will try to figure the sparks thing out

right now too many beers and not enough sleep

Emperor Swagustus /

Sparks red by miller?

I will try to bring something anyhow

Emperor Swagustus /

ooooh rob that pinto/swinger in your profile is mildly erotic and very awsome.

damn it, what was the name of that wings place...i have a buddy who works there...SHIT....whats it called...

Julian, everyone love that Pinto, including me.

Josh, are you thinking of Dantes? bad frat boy spot on Roosevelt?

I really need to get my ass up to Seattle and blast that place with the Pinto.

Julian, as someone who went to grad school for the better part of my life, I will share what little wisdom I got entering into the process. 1) don't do it. 2) go somewhere you want to live for 2 + years or however long you will be there and 3) go wherever they give you money (so you don't have to pay back student loans -- not worth it if you have to get in loan debt over it).

wingdome?

the wing dome has been gone for years.

If you want good food you should leave the U-district. I mean they have good food there, but they also have ave rats and frat boys.

whatever you do DONT go to memos. youll be better off with jack in the crack if its late enough to make those your options.

i love cedars. best indian food ive found.

Emperor Swagustus /

Retro,

Same thoughts I have about as well, almost:

1. Don't go unless they pay you

2. Go where you want to live (seattle!)

3. Go where there are people with mopeds

Unfortunately I am having trouble finding a good project with funding in a place I want to live. I have all the individual components, but I want them all in one place.

Emperor Swagustus /

Oh by the way the fish tacos in the trailer by 1977 are awesomely delicious and the lady that works the trailer is super nice

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account