New Vicky owner

Hi all - first post! Stu here from UK...

Just won a Victoria Vicky on ebay... not quite sure what the appeal was (I have three 750/900cc bikes) but it looked cute with its valanced mudguards and it's a '58 model like me. Ah, yes, it was cheap, too.

Looks a long way from running, so I'll probably need a bit of help to get it together. I know nothing about Victoria (except the few web pages I've found) so any pointers would be appreciated. Is it a Sachs engine? Looks like it could be in the photos - I haven't fetched it yet!

Not my first 50cc rebuild, I did a 1987 Kawasaki AR50 last year for my son, but this is a bit different!

Re: New Vicky owner

Awersome Bike. Lets see some pictures.

I'll post some pics once I've collected it. In the meantime, since you asked (!), here's a picture of my Ducati. Just won UK Classic Bike Magazine's Bike of the year competition. Sorry, not a moped!

1234882747_cb__ducati_900.jpg

i hve to stop looking at that pic or my drool will short out my keyboard..

no shit. that thing is beautiful. i was all set to actually take the plunge and buy a brand new ducati monster this spring, and then my insurance broker told me my insurance would be $5,400 for the year. made up my mind pretty quick!

Very cool Ducati. I definatly wana see pics once you get it. Got a link to the ebay page?

Ebay item no. 170302047476.

Have a look.

It's old rusty and mucky, but looks largely saveable... should look something like this photo I guess.

Anyone know where to get engine spares if I need them? From experience, I'd expect the carb to be full of gunk and the rubbers and gaskets to all need replacing... I guess the crank seals might not be too happy either, even if everything else is perfect ... (he said, hopefully, but not very optimistically!)

Sounds like a whole load of fun right there. Do a tank check and carb clean. Look for flow and spark. If good, try to fire it up and tell us where she's at!

it's cool that it comes with white walls!

Stu... that Ducati is amazing. Very Very nice!

yeah, I about crapped my pants when I saw that ducati... so awesome!

ducati is beautiful, victoria is beautiful. you have taste, my friend.

Thanks for the nice words.

Haven't got it yet... been pulling the Ducati apart tonight to get it rebored...

Should see it at the weekend. That big pic was off this site somewhere... mine's a shitheap, sorry, restoration project.

Bruce Wilkinson /

Stu, the one in the picture belongs to David here in Toronto Canada. I've seen it and it's a beauty.Not sure if he got it running, it was on display in a store window for a while.

Does yours have those leg shields?

That's mine in the pictures stolen from ebay, so yes it has leg shields. I'm not sure until I see them but looks like it could be a bodge job to me... or is that a "period fifties modification"?

Lorrainp

Thanks for the info on David's Vicki.

Is he on the forum? Any chance you can contact him for me?

Maybe ask him to drop me an email, or let me have his contact details?

I'm sure he's been through the loop of finding out stuff I'm going to need to know!

Thanks!

leg shields and mopeds are usually a bad mix. my wards riverside had them and they rendered the pedals nearly useless...

Leg shields and mopeds can be a great mix.

Yeah... I'm pretty sure the 'leg shields' are a bit of bent tin... they will most likely end up in the bin. Us rufty-tufty bikers don't need no stinkin' leg shields ;-)

I've been giving the restoration of this thing some thought, and decided to do it very slowly, and right first time. It owes me nothing really, and I'm in no great hurry to ride it anywhere, so I can take my time, solve the odd problem when I feel like it, and finish it over a couple of years.

Got plenty of other projects on the boil, so this one will have to sit on a backburner for a while.

Maybe...

OK, so here we go... picked it up last night.

Motor is solid, rims are finished, everything is horrible... but what an interesting little bike!

Russel Henthorn /

Hi Stu, not sure if you still active but I am wondering if you ever got around to restoring that Vicky. I have one that I am currently restoring and I am looking for all the advice and parts I can get.

Cheers

Russel

cool bike. he hasn't posted on here in 7 years.

you might want to try his email

stewart.milton@knorr-bremse.com

good luck with it!

Bruce Zapper /

That is nice!Looks like a real challenge Good Luck.

Andrew Squiggman /

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

I hope it was done right. I love those old school Mopeds.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account