E50 casting

Headed to the local metal shop to talk about casting the e50 case

Ant changes people were thinking about? performance wise? aesthetic ?

Re: E50 casting

Extra material around the transfer to accommodate the larger kits. Kick start holes.

Extra material around the transfer to accommodate the larger kits. Kick start holes. Case induction.

Edward Richardson /

Beef up the lower cylinder gasket area for the 80cc kit and some external ribbing like the Harley Knucklehead or a Chevy automatic transmission case for increased strength.

awesome, keep em coming, im making a list to bring when i talk to him

If you go case inducted, you might as well make a 3rd booster port (I would only make the casting thicker in that area so people could dremel in a 3rd booster port if they wanted) for reed valve cylinders.

the human house /

base it off a kick start korado case

) CuperAWESOMO ( /

If you want to get crazy but stay universal, make a flat spot on the top of the case (big enough for malossi four petal or some other easily accessable reed cage/intake) to make the case induction change super easy with no welding involved. If you want to get even crazier, develop inserts that allow you to switch back and forth between regular puch kit cylinder skirts and overbore skirts (gila, metra. etc) To get the craziest make transfer inserts prematched for all your favorite kits.

I really like to interchangable skirt idea, im ganna do some sketches

) CuperAWESOMO ( /

Once you get some drawings and what not, post some pics. Do you have solidworks or any mechanical drafting software? I really like this idea and know a few companies that do casting. I might be able to pay a co-worker to draft something up in solidworks. Let me know if you need any help or anything to actually get this off the ground.

where do i sign up for the the waiting list?

i want one

the human house /

im sure people would fund this.

) CuperAWESOMO ( /

Even super duper crazy smarter idea. Bolt in blank off for case inductance port (on the case) so you can go between case inducted and non case inducted. E-50 case to end all cases.

) CuperAWESOMO ( /

I forgot to add all my ideas are patent pending.

I've spoken to a few metal shops about this in the past....they have all told me or i've realized through doing the numbers that the post casting machining makes it pretty cost prohibitive....and the tooling cost to be able to re-cast it...

not trying to bum yall out, just a heads up. if you get it setup please lemme know

Yeah, I always think this is kind of silly to talk about. I hope someone proves me wrong and makes it happen, but for what you would have to sell them for, I dont think many people would put out that kind of cash for not getting a whole lot of performance.

Plus, you would have to either make two different molds for big boy kits and little kid kits, or just do the small and then people still have to bore it out, or only do the big boys and discriminate. Then do you have to do a case inducted and non-case inducted? Third port and no third port? Just too much going on to make it worth your while I think. Just my opinion.

If you were really going to do it I would just ge the simple route and copy a korado case. Big ports and lots of meat. Leave the rest up to others to worry about. Kind of a stock replacement.

thanks for everyones input,

Ive done a little casting here and there, so im going to play around wiht some ideas and drawings and post them up in a few days, i was thinking of insourcing it, not getting a company to do it for me

due to the numbers id say CNC out of aluminum blocks is probably the best way to go.

you still have to machine the casting, so i dont think bothering with the casting is a good use of your effort.

base it off a kick start korado case

what he said. except id do non kick for ease of parts

I will also say korrodo case

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account