Re: pinto bumble bee project fin~

Really nice job!

sharp

Thats nice man... But I agree, you should put a bullet headlight with the built in speedo on there, or drop the speedo down so it doesn't stick up so much. Super nice bike

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

AWESOME ! Now it really makes me want a top tank

rad!

put some pedals on it!

paulryanjacob /

through the last discussion, we've talked about the bullet headlight. i like it. but my image is based on the 60's nortons and the honda cr series. most of their road bike versions had the speedometers similar to mine along with headlight. the headlight sits perfectly where its at, and my clip-ons do not allow access for a bullet headlight.

for the wiring. someone said to clean it up. yeah... but i like that raw look. it's manly.

add peddles. i've ordered two magnum peddle cranks and both were stolen off my deck cause chicago is shady and apparently people need peddle cranks. i was sad and i said F it. 50cc cafe style requires running to start your bike. i will be that idiot all over chicago.

paulryanjacob /

pedals*

_i like it. but my image is based on the 60’s nortons and the honda cr series. most of their road bike versions had the speedometers similar to mine along with headlight_

Note taken... Actually I have my speedo lifted up and kinda in your face like that on my Newport. I like it. Just thought it would look alittle smoother if it were dropped down like 2-3 inches

pinto bumble bee project fin~

I have that same tank and was wondering what it would look like mounted on a magnum. do you have photos of the mounting process? I'm very curious. it's a beautiful tank.

great job on the bike.

60's norton cafe style? Dude.. why not go polished tank? nice build looks like fun, dig the rear sets haha

Best custom ever in my opinion... You rule. Please let us know what tank and where you got that seat...

paulryanjacob /

thanks man. it's a negrini tank. and the seat is made from fiberglass from airtech. you can google -airtech vintage- and they have an assortment of seats. the seat i used was the honda cr110 seat. the seat is pretty durable and gives lots of flex. the upholstery i did my self with some foam and vinyl. and i had to cut the seat length about ~3.25 inches, just used a dremel.

i found out that doing it yourself upholstery sucks.

pinto bumble bee project fin~

paulryanjacob /

i do have photos. and i'm working on a blog to show how it was made. i don't know about a magnum frame but for the pinto frame i first welded a 1/2 inch bar and just guesstimated where it would lay. i also bought some pipe foam to act as a cushion for the tank.

the pinto frame has a welded on bracket that supported the pinto tank. i took 1/8 inch metal plates and connected the tank to the existing bracket. the negrini tank has mounting holes that are pretty huge. so i used the bushings out of my old shocks along with the spacer the shocks had and bolted it on to the 1/8 inch bracket. and i can't even explain how i pushed those bolts in tightly against the frame.

the second and third picture from the top kinda shows that.

(i'll get that blog out soon)

Lucky for me my girlfreind is really handy in the upholstry department... Thanks for the seat tip.

You win dude. For realz.

Stylin'

I wonder how goofy this seat will look with a Magnum Tank?

Do you think it's burly enough to mount to a Magnum frame using the stock seat mount? I'm sure that I can figure out something... Is it super flexi or kinda rigid?

Benji has black and yellow shocks. Not sure what sizes he has left. I got 380s. Just a thought awesome bike really jealous.

i LOVE this bike. crisis might be right, this may well be the best-looking custom job around.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Fantastic job, I just can't come to terms with yellow (to each their own). I picture it in metalflake silver and it nears Nirvana.

that is soooo hot! wow... Really nice job!

paulryanjacob /

i believe the magnum seat pan is a lot wider. the cr110 seat starts 5inches wide from the front, and it's widest point towards the tail is 6.5 inches. overall length is 22 and actual seat is 17inches. i did have to cut off around 3 inches off of the seat.

i hacked off the original mount from the prior seat and left a little stem prolly just about an inch 1/2. at least with the pinto i shortened the shocks from an original 300mm to around 290mm. i did this because originally (where the shocks meet at the top of the frame) it was giving me a a very strange angle where the the seat would angle down. 290 shocks corrected that. i used 2 1/2 inch pipes and got it welded to the frame, at the stem, and all along the whole flat surface of the frame. then i just used some 1/8 inch sheet metal and trimmed it down and attached that to the pipes (used pipe clamps and bolts). the sheet metal, i used window lining so that edges were not so rough against the seat.

bolted that on, and cake walk city.

*the seat has good flex. but it would be better to have it perfectly fitted cause that flex is used for bumps and bruises to avoid cracks.

Word. I hope that you have pics of all of your frame mods dude... You fucked this build in it's ass... I hope to see it this spring at a rally...

I'm thinking about trying to find a Negrini tank and getting that same seat for my magnum... Paint them Silver and keep the bullet headlight and keeping my current bars... Not to rip your build, but to make something similar but different...

This is the look that I've always wanted in a top tank, just never really new where to get the seat and I have zero fab skills.

Love it,

get some real pic's taken like the Squids do! It belongs in the pic of the month.

-Curly

I'm digging the kitchen studio!

I get what you were trying to do, I say you get an awesome for effort. I'm really glad you dig it, b/c thats really all that matters.

I don't have any interest in a cafe of my own, but if I were building one...I would take these notes from yours...

The forks are wrong(too beefy) for the sleek body style that you were going for, so are the shocks in back.

The front is too chrome heavy.

The wires REALLY need to be cleaned up.

I really don't like the fuel line just hanging out like that, and the fuel filter is just retarded.

The hump in the seat is too tall.

But again, it's your bike and you dig it...I'm not ragging on you or your bike. Just thinking out loud, I guess.

the fuel filter is yellow man!

paulryanjacob /

check this out man.

http://www.elsberg-tuning.dk/italians.html

cafes come in all shapes and sizes.

your filter comment hurt, like a kidney shot. cause i thought long and hard to get that.

i built this in the spirit of the rockers. custom cafe (for what we can afford). unique individualized style. your right, id do like my chrome forks and my chrome shocks. the wires i feel give it a man look, or messy but i myself is also messy. seat too tall? that's just a personal opinion.

nortons had thicker forks. and thicker shocks. (the width of negrini tank and thin forks? please.)

too much chrome? you can never have too much chrome. chrome is the bling of your bike.

wires messy? that's just me.

fuel line hangin out? i like hangin out, like on mondays and fridays.

seat too tall? personal opinion (check out link).

but my fuel filter retarded? that filter is like my other half. i guess i'm half retarded.

it's like giving someone an A for effort and a F for academics.

peace.

man, don't worry about what other people think of your bike

you love it

I love it too its gorgeous

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

i would loose the speedo, ditch the fender, get some longer fuel line, some wider grips and rock the shit out of it

does it run?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account