And yet another project

Alan Lipkowiski /

Much to my wife's dismay I picked up another project. Just thought I'd share. 1978 Peugeot 103 SP, photo attached. Enjoy. Doesn't run yet but it will eventually.

Re: And yet another project

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

pic doesnt work

Alan Lipkowiski /

Here's a jpeg image. For some reason the bitmap images never seem to load right here.

1232850088_peugeot.jpg

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Looks like it will be a good runner with a couple of cheap parts & some TLC. Yeay!

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

bmps work great on google chrome

i love pugs, never owned one just the looks!. b0th pix work fine for me!

Alan Lipkowiski /

Bmps? What's that? I've been using SOS pads then brasso to clean up chrome. Anyone have a spare seat and post for this project let me know.

The starter clutch seems stuck on this thing as the rear wheel won't disengage from the engine. I'm also gonna have to figure out the electrics on this as I have no spark. This might be a result of no tail light however. Anyways this should be fun. Oh and somehow the speedo needle is missing. Don't know where it is as the speedo seems to be sealed still yet.

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

My wife looked over at me as I read your profile, she doesn't understand what I found so amusing about your tool definitions.

Classic!

Good luck on your new project.

BMPs are way to huge and partially retarded for the web. stick to jpgs.

Alan Lipkowiski /

UPDATE:

So I pulled the carb apart and found it completely varnished over but with much effort and a new jet I was able to get it to function again but the Pug still wouldn't start. Checked for spark and found none. Damn taillight. Ran a jumper wire till I can get a new tail light. Now I got spark but it still wont run. So I test compression since the plug is dry and I know the carb should be fine. Sure enough not even close to enough compression. So I pull the head off and find that 1) there is a large amount of crud keeping the decompression valve open and 2) Whoever worked on this before was trying to run it without a head gasket. So now I've ordered a whole slew of parts from http://www.handybikes.com who I must say are most helpful and nice when it comes to customer service. I don't think I'll be buying Pug parts from anyone else but them from now on. Anyways waiting on parts now and I can't seem to get the old decompression valve loose. Any ideas

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account