BEAD BLASTING CABINETS ARE COOL

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Hi again peeps. Well this time I thought I'd show a pic of how parts look like after they've been bead blasted. I've always liked to work on stuff that's clean. Even back when I started working on bikes, I never could do anything that looked ratty, though my first ped was kinda ratty. It ran good though. Harbor freight has a nice bead blasting cab, for the money & can be found on CL once in awhile for really cheap. A guy I know, that's done quite a lot of blasting, gave me a valuable tip on getting great results on aluminum. Medium size glass beads & low air pressure. It takes a little longer but comes out real smooth. The reason low pressure is so it doesn't heat the metal, which could make it distort & also may change the color. If you're going to freshen up a motor, you might as well make it look new again too.

Re: BEAD BLASTING CABINETS ARE COOL

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Lets try this

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Oh Yeah; I was in such a hurry to post, I forgot to mention that I made some block offs so nothing would get damaged on the inside of the cylinder. I will be able to reuse them over & over.

Looks awesome!

cool, i was wondering about blasting engine parts. looks like those block-outs are the perfect solution.

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Got some Treats today & I was so excited about getting started, that I forgot to take some pics of the before shots. They were much worse than the pic I am putting in it's place. It's the grungyest thing I could find. The axle bolt was so frozen I had to heat it to get it to break & the plastic speedo pick up will have to get destroyed. Once cleaned with solvent & rinsed with soapy water & dried, I BLASTED IT

Super sweet man! That looks better then new!

Yup, I Love blasting, pays about a dollar a minutes.

1232865125_blaster1.jpg

You could of taped all that.. stuff it up paper towel and mask it off..

also TP Tools has some nice stuff.

Yea like it clean. Just too cheap to buy a cabinet, so out comes the Blast a Q.

when i worked at the airport i used to blast moped parts all the time its by far the best way to de carbonize

and no it will not hurt your cylinder walls any

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

In hindsight, I should have taped. Mopagen; Nice home made cab, by the way.

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Before

After

Then polished

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account