BEAD BLASTING CABINETS ARE COOL

Charles Cole (OFMC) /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi again peeps. Well this time I thought I'd show a pic of how parts look like after they've been bead blasted. I've always liked to work on stuff that's clean. Even back when I started working on bikes, I never could do anything that looked ratty, though my first ped was kinda ratty. It ran good though. Harbor freight has a nice bead blasting cab, for the money & can be found on CL once in awhile for really cheap. A guy I know, that's done quite a lot of blasting, gave me a valuable tip on getting great results on aluminum. Medium size glass beads & low air pressure. It takes a little longer but comes out real smooth. The reason low pressure is so it doesn't heat the metal, which could make it distort & also may change the color. If you're going to freshen up a motor, you might as well make it look new again too.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account