bike vs moped...

Cant really decide. get my project for 200, or buy a kilo tt fixed gear for cheap before they sell out. I want something that will be efficient and easy to get around. I love mopeds but love the track bike scene also.

been really deciding....I drive an hour and 20 to school, so it needs to fit in meh car, M W F.

Re: bike vs moped...

if a maxi can fit in my nissan versa hatch, thats awesome.

or

both have their advantages and disadvantages. One can break down and needs fuel, ones easy to bring to florida when I go down. Its just something ive been toying around and really cannot decide.

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

whats up with the bail?

bail?

Also both have huge aftermarkets, I just live in a suburb and wondering if riding a tarck bike around its going to get me killed.

Midlife Crisis Alan /

Is the kilo complete for 200 bucks? That's a steal.

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

you were gona get my maxi then stopped talking to me

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

No big or anything just wondering what happened

kilo for 350. and we just had bad commucation.

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

200 do you still want or goona get the bike?

that samba is the most beautiful bike ive ever seen

haha, its pretty cool for a budget. I wish I had enough to shell out to get a decent track bike such as a pista or fuji.

back to topic, i was told if I have a transportation mode, get a moped, but I really love those track bikez

get a moped

and if your gonna buy a bicycle get a mountain bike cause fixed gears are just dumb

should it fit in the hatch of my car pretty easy?

Well, you are 18, live really far from your school... it's screaming I need a scene. and drive your bike to school in the back of your nissan everyday.

I'd say your set! good luck!

Midlife Crisis Alan /

mountain bikes can be fixed gear too.

Bikes are designed situationally. Fixed gears make perfect sense for city riding. If you're riding on pothole-filled back roads or dirt, a road frame with 700x23s doesn't make as much sense. Riding a mountain bike on flatlands makes just a little sense because it's incredibly inefficient.

In this guys case, a brand new bike for 350 is better than a project moped for what he wanted, which was cheap, hassle-free transportation. All situational!

that bike is gorgeous. i'd buy that over a project 'ped any day. and i love me some 'peds... (goes back to ripping apart e50/free spirit...)

Buy the moped, build a fixed gear up from a free road bike. Win-win. If your not going to ride it on the track no reason wasting money on a track frame. Plus those "track style" road frames that are so popular these days are just boring.

true true, just moneys tight and really want both. I guess ill just build up a moped and just walk to classes. lol

I don't know what the situation is with bikes in Tennessee but you can buy a geared used 70s Schwinn for less then $100 bucks here in PA. Buy the locked gear for the back rim on the bike and remove the back brakes and all the gears and you've got you fixed gear bike that can handle more road situations then most. That all for less then $110 for the bike, and $250 for the bike. If you could scrounge up $350 for everything you'd be set.

The Landsquids are all fixster hipsters. Fuck-A-Car embrace everything else. urban bike polo is amazing!!!! can't sit on a moped all the time, gotta burn off the PBR

I'd say if you go the bike route then build your own- it's way more fun than just buying one... I built a bike before getting interested in peds. To be honest though, no money is being flowed in the bicycle direction any more.

That is a killer looking bike though.

Also realize once you buy a project ped you are going to start NEEDING to pay for parts more regularly than a brand new free-of-flaws fixie...

You know what? Forget all that. How much do you like pedaling?

buy a moped.

then ride with us.

brentwood to (im guessing)nashville will look better, and go by quicker on a moped.

you NEED both.

or at least both are essential to me. anyone on here got a set of deep v 700c wheels they want to sell me with or without a lock ring.

riding my single/fix is what makes me feel like i can continue my drinking habits

SEX

you can buy this handbuilt with a spinergy revx and an aerospoke for 450 thats a steel and its not a piece of shit bianchi pista

Bicycle.

That said, Aerospoke? Brakeless on the street? What are you doing?

Buy an awesome bicycle, and spend as much money as you want on it. Remember, though, that bicycles are effectively free, and that only brake pads, chains, and tires cost money.

Buy fenders. Buy a rat-tail fender and some zip ties and just hide the thing in your bag most of the time if you really have to, but freaking own one and have it ready.

Put a brake on any bicycle that will be used on the street. You can attach a rod-actuated spoon brake and never use it if you want, but you absolutely need to have _something_ [better than a shoe] that is specifically intended to stop you in an emergency.

I ride anything, and I've ridden almost everything. I agree that a fixed-wheel bicycle is possibly the best transportation method available, anywhere. If you live in the rockies, fit a disc brake and some mountain bike tires - it'll still be the best.

That said, if you don't have a fender, you just won't ride in the rain. That sucks.

If you don't have a brake, you just won't stop when you need to dodge something lethal. That is also bad.

I still don't understand why people are pulling perfectly good brakes off their bicycles to ride on the street. It just seems stupid to me.

doood, that kilo is hot. a fixie in brentwood would be ill too. smooth roads and not so cold weather.

Johno.... u sell out

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account