1979 indian moped, any thoughts?

its pretty well in the books, but im thinking about getting a ami-50 chief 1979, any experiences, thoughts, knowledge, etc anyone would like to share?.

thanks a ton!

here it is for more info, ie photo

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/oak/mcy/967229708.html

Re: 1979 indian moped, any thoughts?

I hope you're not planning on paying that much for it.... I could get you one with a new piston/rings for about $125ish.

i know nothing about them, only what i see. i will say that i think the only 50cc 4-stroke i could justify owning is a honda cub.

i also think it's way too much money. that being said, i don't know your market.

my instincts would say to wait for something better. you still have plenty of winter left.

what do your instincts say? that's what matters.

I had one and was not impressed with it. Although the looks are kinda neat, the speed of it was kind of boring for me. It just didn't "feel" like a moped to me.

again, mine went 35-37 and was a solid beast of a moped. i love indians.

i would only buy an indian to re-sell it to some idiot collector that thinks its worth $1500 because it has the indian name on it.

i just dont like 4-strokes unless theyre motorcycles.

$125 really? does it run? where is it located?

John Joedicke /

That is what the market will bear in Canada.

There is '79 Indian on the Pittsburgh Craig's List for only $1200. What a steal!

from what ive seen for up here in canada....not much for under $300....$300-$500 clunkers that function that probably need lots of repair...$600-900 vintage in mint shape seems like the norm as far as good price....thats our market up here...not much of any moped community...

also, arent 4 strokes beneficial?

4 strokes don't wear out as fast and dont pollute as much. Why they dont have 2 strokes in cars cause they wouldn't go 100k miles and global warming would be much worse.

But 2 strokes make more power on half the strokes.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account