If there were an OT forum....

Would you guys use it?

A forum where you could bullshit about whatever you wanted...people would use that, yes?

Who thinks this is a good idea. Why? Who thinks this is a bad idea? Why?

Discuss.

Re: If there were an OT forum....

I think we should ban everyone and then let targaped back on by himself...

Good idea.

prolly a good idea

i wouldn't have to sort through all of the other stuff to find the OT threads.

no groms no blasters /

terrible idea. if you want a phpbb million-board-nightmare, go to scooterbbs.

i think this forum should just stick to mopeds and moped stuff, for sure. i suppose if you set up an OT forum, i might go to it, but i look at it this way: i come here for mopeds. that's not to say i don't get sucked into a low-brow (or intellectually stimulating) OT thread here and there, but honestly, i don't need it. i need the moped stuff. i love the moped stuff.

i am new here. i'm not so new that i don't know my way around a bit. there are new people all the time. if someone comes on who is new and sees a bunch of non-moped related crap, he/she may get turned off. that would be bad.

when i got here, the thing that kept me coming back was the collective wealth of knowledge. i got help all the time--i was able to give it as well, i think.

if the gen forum is filled with other crap, that person who may have been drawn to mopedding might go away. i got sucked in here from a seemingly innocent CL purchase for a gift for my girlfriend--now she has that one, and i have 2.

if you set up another forum for OT, i think the gen forum needs to be outlined a little more specifically. if not, there will be a grey area of what is OT and what is not.

there's my two cents--thanks for asking.

I think an OT forum would be great. I've had enough of the You Tube clips, car sales, computer tips, and live-blogging that happens in GD.

I dont understand the problem.

Write it on the gen form,

then write OT by it if it doesn't relate to mopeds.

either gen forum would die off, like the repair forum,

or it would be a great idea.

Great idea--OR--bad idea.

Awesome to rid this section of random BS, bad because this section is random BS.

eh it comes and goes doesnt it. Its bad now as its winter, but wasnt the original intent to be just anything?

I dont know how many people would go on a all OT board...i mean, maybe , but definatly not as much as the gf.

the gf is where you go for whats happening, who's doing what, who's trying to identify thier odd moped, who found a neat 50cc bike that doesnt have pedals but is still a moped, or some neat car or some shit like that.

Yeah, its full of idiots posting poo related topics and pics of thier girlfriends asses, but what are ya gonna do. Just dont read em.

Remember where this will lead if it gets too moderated - we will a have a MASTER REGIONAL RIDER and A MASTER OT MODERATOR.

I think the moderators did a good job of shutting down the infantile little burp of intellectual vomit the other night. It will pass.

i use all the other forums on MA for moped stuff. theres plenty there, all neatly organized into categories. the gen forum has turned into an interesting way to see what all the people posting in those forums are up to, often outside of the moped sphere. yes, its occasionally annoying, but not enough to diminish the value of its more interesting or entertaining aspects.

I think it's fine the way it is. Or well...

There are different levels of OT and bullshit-nonsense kind of stuff that gets posted here. There's "OT - What do you think about small displacement motorcycles" and then there's "OT - Here are pictures of my naked GF." Where's the dividing line in that? Some OT stuff would be of interest to a lot of people here who might not check the OT forums. Likewise, if the OT forum ended up being a repository for all the bullshit-nonsense kind of crap that sometimes gets posted here, how does that look to new people? I just think it would be hard to make that kind of distinction. Besides, wouldn't stuff like "Moped Fashion" be considered on topic? You're still gonna get people posting YouTube videos and other random stuff in threads like that, so once again, I don't see how that's going to work.

For the most part, I like the mix of stuff we have going on in the General Forum. I get my daily dose of interwebz nonsense exposure thanks to the off topic stuff that people post, and I learn a lot from some of the off topic stuff that is somewhat more serious. The people who post here aren't just knowledgeable about mopeds; we've got a huge array of knowledge represented here -- cooking, photography, cars, computers, languages, you name it, I would bet money that there is someone who posts here knows a lot about it. I think the off topic posts that cover topics like that add richness to the forum. I guess I'd be afraid that if you separated the moped stuff from the O/T stuff, neither part would be as active, fun, or interesting, and the whole would suffer as a result.

I dunno... I need to think about this some more. Someone tell me why I'm wrong.

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Well stated Linda, the OT makes this site more rich and creamy.

Yum

i only look at three websites on my own. MA, treats, and 1977. if it werent for the gen forum i would know nothing of the world.

"This":https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/638258/638258/ is why we need an off-topic forum.

Brys, I completely agree with you. I know that the majority of people on here are dudes and I know that I have to expect some crassness if I want to hang, but Jesus Fucking Christ. If I have to hear one more dick story or see one more picture of someone's naked busted ass I'm going to explode. I did not sign up for this bullshit, I came here looking for moped info.

i hate that when my friends and family find out that i'm a part of something called "moped army" they find this board and see topics like:

does size really matter and my girlfriend is asleep, what should i stick in her ass.

it's pretty embarrassing.

in the ten or so minutes since that thread has been started, there is already over a dozen additions.

like it or not, it's popular, as are so many of the low-brow OT threads.

it's winter.

If i was paranoid and thought someone was trying to make a good arguement for an OT forum, that stupid dick size post is exaclty what id start.

I can't deny the incredible horribleness of that discussion, nor its need to die like, right now. But I still think the merits of off topic discussions -- when there are good ones -- outweigh the demerits of the horrible ones. And if you made an off topic forum, you'd have to weed through a lot more stuff like that to find the good discussions. I mean, am I the only one who thinks that a lot more useless BS stuff would get posted in an off topic forum just because that would be its sole purpose? Think of the poor little _good_ off topic discussions all surrounded by evil, mean, corrupting, NSFW discussions...

Don't fuck with perfection this site is perfect.

i think the general forum is just fine regarding OT posts. a lot of people just make too much of a big deal about them all. like others have said, there are separate forums specifically for strictly-moped topics.

OT is fine here. If ya don't like them, don't look.

I think there should be one, because although I dont really mind the OT threads, some good threads get bumped and never seen because people are too busy talking about how they want to touch someone elses balls.

i think humor is a part of moped culture no?

i mean how many times do i read one person say to the other some kind of homosexual remark in jest, or go to a rally and find someone prancing around in man panties. does "should i put it in my gfs butt seem out of place with a moped group? no, it doesnt. besides, you have to have a sense of humor to be a FULL GROWN ASS MAN IN PUBLIC ON A FUCKIN MOPED!

vote yes on prop 50:1

Laughin Coyote /

pretty much poeple will put thier two cents in the general forum

it is general i mean if poeple are getting that mad over non moped related stuff and cant stand very little things like someone making a little post on thier thoughts i dont see how they have the patience to ride a moped seeing as its filled with little minor setbacks that irritate

The GF is pretty much OT forum... with a few tidbits of moped in there.

no wouldnt use it, because I rarely look at the OT posts anyway, they are like spam to me.

But I think you should try to make one, to see how it goes...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account