Does the type of moped you ride define you?

This includes brand, or if it's stock or completely preformance, etc.

I prefer step through, light bikes that I have control over, that have stock 50cc cyls, but preformance heads, and essentially everything else.

I'd like to say my maxi build is modest, and would lead others to believe that I have more than meets the eye.

How about you?

Re: Does the type of moped you ride define you?

i guess it depends on what ped im ridin that day

when you do a full custom build, it defines you.

and drop bars, and a plastic seat =/= full custom build.

My Maxi is hot pink, with a silver/black glitter vinyl seat, and a pipe so big I can't even pedal.

I would like to think that it says a lil something about me. Lol

Janky. Broken. Sometimes slow, sometimes fast.

sounds like me.

Yeah, it's alway broke. Haha

I'd say once you put real time and effort they do, but until then it's just another product, like a typewriter

no

I sure hope not...

totaly. any thing you do says something about you. dudes that ride crotch rokets tend to be over compensating douch's... not all, but generaly. any thing you have a hand in speeks for you. $0.02

ha yeah, crotch rockets are definitly an overcompensation. especially when they feel the need to do wheelies EVERYWHERE.

50 bucks says that that front end is the only thing hes been able to get to come up in a year

Yeah, it does say a lot about you, or at least your style. Funny, this dude in town has seen my bicycles and one day I show up on a blue Moby and he is like, "I am really getting a sense of your aesthetic now". He called my taste retro though, which I didn't think was entirely accurate.

I'm going to go along with Mopedjay. In that it dose depend on the bike your riding that day. We all have different peds to do different things.

hells yeah it does and thats why i never ride magnums, cuz i ain't no hipster motorcycle poser.

quite hilarious

anyone with the patience to ride and fix these 30 year old mopeds shows something but I don't know what.

I rode my friend's magnum today and I was like, nah, not for me. mopeds should be step-thru. I have a Ducati with a top tank anyway (no not a crotch rocket).

Just riding a moped says everything. Anything beyond that is like saying you like one north american pilsner beer more than another.

when i put my 45-year-old, fully-tattooed ass on my girlfriend's black jawa 210 economy w/ the funky crayola graphics and wald folding baskets, do 30 in the right lane of a 40 mile-an-hour road, it definitely defines who i am.

just like when i ride one of my bicycles, my motorcycle, my VW vanagon, my girlfriend's diesel mercedes-benz, or whatever. it defines who i am.

but only to other people who think that i am my vehicle, my tattoos, my hairstyle, my clothes, etc.

it's all bullshit. i'm the same mo-fo on the inside regardless of what i got goin' on the outside.

it's important for me to remember this.

i say just ride yer 'ped, or whatever mode of transportation you choose to take that day, and have yerself a good time!

My moped has no cables or wiring and I haven't even paid for it yet.

What does that say about me?? I hope it says that I'm adventurous free thinker who likes quite moments at home as much as a fun night on the town.

Yes, girls ride step-thru, but real men ride top tanks.

Ike

top tanks are eh.

never had a top tank, never will. step-thru is the cat-ass or the bees knees, if you like.

i have mixed feelings about top tanks. i like 'em, but...well of course i like 'em, i like motorcycles. i think the mags and cobras and jawa supremes and 210 sports are all cool, especially w/ mods.

i'm a bit of a purist, though. i think top tanks in their stock state are the transvestites of mopeds. i see them as machines that are looking to be something they are not. a 49cc moped trying to be a 'real" motorcycle, and falling short while watching the speedo. in leau of a top tank, i will kit my '65 honda super 90. it's a real motorcycle.

that being said, a custom, kitted top-tanker is friggin' bad-ass! why not make your topper look and perform even more like a motorcycle w/ mods?

i think if i was gonna kit and customize a bike, i would search and find a maxi n, and leave the top tank alone.

although, if you guys are anything like me, you take what you get, and answer when opportunity knocks.

if i were that guy that just got the $20 cobra, you bet i'd be a top tank fan.

Most of my peds are reliable, though quiet janky and treacherous (or so I'm told). What does that say about me?

I'm comfortable when have a ped under me. When I first started riding, I was scared to dead. That thing seemed huge and fast. I was excited to get it to 32 in the yard! That was damn near 7 years ago though.

Now, my moped is just an extension of myself. I don't ride the bike, I become the bike. Call me crazy, but think first about the things you notice with your bike(s) that others don't. You know your ped better than anyone else.

So, it's not which ped you ride. It's how, when, where and why you ride your ped that defines you... or at least it is for me.

men who ride step through need room for their junk to breathe

the step-thru keeping your nuts cool helps to off-set the low sperm count, from too much pot.

Actually, I'm more worried about warming my nuts up this time of year. It gets rough out there in the snow.

i have a tomos that, when i get it all tuned up, will actually be fast (maybe 60mph)

and i live kinda close to jersey :P

oh, and im 16...

that explains the tomos :P

I have to chime in on this one, I love philosophy and it made me laugh.

I have to agree with Kevin, that it really doesn't matter whatsoever. People will still form their own opinions. I do think that what you have defines you, but whether it is deep or not is reflective of who you are. It's more about a reflection of self, and why you have it. That is what defines you.

I would write more but I'm still hungover and can't think. Is that bad? lol. chicken nuggets in the oven, hopin to keep these down. mmmmmm. yuck.

I don't think that the type of moped you ride defines you so much as a) that you ride a moped, and b) what you do to your moped. I mean, most of us are pretty opportunistic when it comes to getting mopeds -- yeah, there are ones we like better than others, but we'll take what we can get, especially if it's cheap. What you do to the moped once you've got your hands on it, though ... I think that says something about you. Or well, once you get your hands on it and it works. We're not going to discuss those mopeds that sit around for ages not working.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account