Re: UnBending Rim Story(Pics)

Ataristyle /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I've managed to pound back the bends on the rims w/ a rubber mallot. Bad news is that there is a tiny crack in the back rim. Holds air fine but I would like to replace them eventually. When I was done pounding on the front and back wheel at my work I was ready to leave. I got on the moped and was about to go but The handle bars were not straight when the wheel was. I stood in front of the 'ped and turned the handle bars until they were straight. I thought I was ready to leave until I was wondering why the light wasn't on. It turned out that when i was pounding away at the bike the filiment(took apart and confurmed) in the bulb for regular lighting was broken. No biggy, I'll just use the high beem. They turned on fine. Something else is now bothering me. On the guage box there is a green(turn signal) and blue(high beem) plastic piece that covers over the tiny bulbs. The blue piece must have gotten loose when I was pounding away at the bike. I've searched all over for it. I am going to try using the plastic part of a blue bingo chip for my new cover unless someone knows where to order a cover. I took pictures of the pothole and was going to try to get some money back for the damages. It turns out the road I was on is a state road and I wont get any money back :(

Here's the pics of the damage and the pothole

PotHole1.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Bent RimTopic by: Ataristyle Ataristyle 03/02/01 01:00AM
  Re: Bent RimRe: daveb daveb 03/02/01 01:33AM
  Re: Bent RimRe: Reeperette Reeperette 03/02/01 12:38PM
  Re: Bent RimRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 03/02/01 09:49AM
  Re: Bent RimRe: Ataristyle Ataristyle 03/02/01 02:42PM
  Re: Bent RimRe: Reeperette Reeperette 03/05/01 10:54AM
  Re: UnBending Rim Story(Pics)Re: Ataristyle Ataristyle 03/06/01 01:24AM
  Re: UnBending Rim Story(Pics)Re: Ataristyle Ataristyle 03/06/01 01:25AM
  Re: UnBending Rim Story(Pics)Re: gimmejimmie gimmejimmie 03/06/01 10:30AM
  Re: UnBending Rim Story(Pics)Re: Ataristyle Ataristyle 03/06/01 02:34PM
  Re: UnBending Rim Story(Pics)Re: Ataristyle Ataristyle 03/06/01 11:27PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account