Citroen H Van

I have one of these in my yard. Will be working on it to pack the mopeds and dogs around in. It's pretty funky, has stickers on the walls inside from every place it has been.

1229550018_250pxcitroen_hy.jpg

Re: Citroen H Van

that is awesome.

I want it.

That is SOOOOoooooo incredibly cool!!!!

Yeah, we know Europe has all the cool shit and the only thing similar to that in America are the Burbans and Lacs

is it powered by a 2CV if it is it will be very underpowered

There is no drive line in it. We are going to put it on a different frame. Not sure what we'll use yet, but I will be sure to have lots of power. I like power. We are just now measuring and thinking it all out.

deffinatly put it on something 4X4 that would be friggen awesome

damn dude. I want one.

Will you marry me???

Steve Williams /

i would so like that on my land rover chassis

man, that is cooler than a Willy's Wagon, and that is saying a lot!!!

fucking awesome. I have a major van fetish and that is just beautiful.

Nobody likes a bully. * /

awesome. I think these vans were often used as french ambulances. I've never seen one in person but saw one in the background of the movie grand prix and have thought they were great ever since. A car made out of corrugated metal? You'd never see that today.

jeeez, i've seen one in amsterdam at a flea market, dude lived out of one and sold very fine french hats.

My friend in Philly, this car guy Joe, has an H van. It rules! Let's paint a MOBY LOGO on the side of that thing!

The people that used to own this van actually brought it to Canada when they moved here. We are looking into something in 4x4 if we can swing it. It was front wheel drive so there is no driveline tunnel going to the back so it would have to be RAISED (damn) or a Toronado which was front wheel drive and will give me power, lots of power. Can't go too high as I also will use this to go to dog shows. We loaded this thing on the front of a fork lift beilieve it or not, drove onto a trailer and down the highway we came. It was a sight for sure.

Yes! Use an olds toronado! That would be awesome!

Toronado drive train will be too wide .

Why not something modern , like a Dodge Caravan 3.3 L V6 , or a Ford Windstar 3.8 L V6 . They have plenty of power , are more compact , and are dirt cheap .

Rick

I vote Subaru drivetrain, cheap, simple and reliable. Turbo for HP.

Or sell it to me! I recently looked at a Subaru 360 van in a local junkyard but it was missing too many parts, I need a micro-car! E-mail me anyone who has one.

Subaru 4wd has a tiny driveshaft to the rear, a small tunnel would be simple to build if you want it to remain low to the ground.

The cops used them in France as a paddy wagon, except they were called"Panier a salad" They had bigger engine than the Deux Chevaux(2CV) They were very plain, no extras and no padding inside ,quiet loud. La Camionette.

Leon Swarmer /

If memory serves I think they were also called "pig nose" vans.

Velosolex used them as service vans:

video:

This is (the) one from Philadelphia; he used to come to the annual Citroen/Velosolex Rendezvous here in NYC every year:

Way cool photos!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account