First wreck!!

Yes i am a dumb ass, i took a turn wayyyyy to fast, and clipped a car. I went down pretty hard. All i had on was jeans a t-shirt and a full face. I got lucky and only got a small scrape on my knee. Unfortunately the owner of the car wasn't around, so i left a note for them to call me. Hopefully the damage wont be too much. Who else has done something stupid on a moped, and had to pay for it?? How much was it. I hit a 2006 or 07 Honda Accord. This sucks.....

Re: First wreck!!

Though not on a moped this is still a stupid move.

I was in my '76 Caprice (20 years ago) in a parking lot when I saw this gorgeous woman. My eyes were glued on her up until I ran into a parking sign. Luckily I was only going 5-10mph. lol

Gorgeous women are the #1 cause of traffic accidents in my experience.

_My eyes were glued on her up until I ran into a parking sign._

Thats awesome... did she laugh?

i did the too fast around a corner thing. luckly there was no car in the other lane that i slid into. i scraped myself up pretty bad but didn't hit anyone. no damage to the ped either which was awesome. my pedals def. saved it.

also not on a moped...but back when I had an '81 volvo...i got hit on the right side by a HORSE AND BUGGY. An old Amish man was driving (?) it AND HE HAD ONE EYE. And he was practically deaf. For serious, his one eye was just covered over with skin. And the giant iron wheels scraped the paint on the volvo big time, and the horse freaked out and got on his hind legs and his front hooves hit my hood when he came down. It was insane.

i did a similar thing, the swingarm of my derbi snapped in half while goin downhill fullspeed, and i skidded out to the side and left a me-shaped dent in the door of a 2005 mercedes sedan.. i left a note and the dude called me back and gave me all these props for having left the note, and then i never heard about it again.

I got pulled over once, and searched. he found a tiny roach on me, and I paid $2000. My wrecks, so far have only invloved me, 'cept when I had a rather large girl on the back when I was plastered, and we wrecked 3 times trying to give her a ride home.

a few of my buddies and i all went on a ride to the old naval shipyard by our school, and out of the 5 of us riding, 3 of us ate it. and all in the same spot! there were some train tracks that went across the road at an angle, and we just caught our front wheel deep in the tracks. 2 new tomos down, and my puch. the other bikes did alright, just a broken headlight and turn signal. as for mine,i had a bent in pedal that hit the exhaust, i tore up my PERFECT seat, and was leaking transmission oil.

the part that i am thankful for though is the fact that i had gotten my full face helmet THAT MORNING, and if i hadn't been wearing it my day would have been a whole lot worse.

Yep count me in. I was driving my 63 Riv, and was caught astray by some lass, causing me to slam into the back of a motorhome. There should be a law! hahah

hahaa, Kelly! I could almost smell the horse. Great description!

I pulled a retard move when I was moving about 5mph trying to make a quick U-turn in a gas station. My freshly kitted bike that still had stock gearing flew out from under me when I gunned it. I fell down with a moped mangled on top of me in the middle of the gas station with people laughing at me like it was the most amazing thing the ever saw. It probably was. god that was stupid.

4 th of july Buying hamburgers at the supermarket my xfriend parked in front of the store left the ford stationwagon running. They had a problem of jumping in reverse and his car with nobody in it jumped into reverse and backed up 15 feet and parked itself on top of a small Honda with the sticker still in the window. His bumper was up to the windshield of the honda not a scratch on the wagon . didnt even crush the exhaust.

I had someone in the passenger seat and someone in the rear passenger seat at the time. We were all like "WTFFFF!?!?!?!?!"

And then the Amish guy tried to act like it wasn't his fault when he turned left right into my car!! UHM OK HOMESLICE!!!!!!!!!!

I was on my way to work one day and I pulled a blind left turn on to a side street, just as some dude in a Malibu was (unbeknownst to me) coming up the sidestreet with the intention of rolling through the stop sign.

The result: hard to explain the mechanics of how it happened but I continued travelling down the side street, _sans moped_. The bike flew back in the opposite direction.

Dude was hilarious. Like that creepy guy in Superbad. He ran out and started going "oh shit! Oh shit!" I told him "I'm late for work, and you don't want to get insurance involved." he agreed and we both took off as some lady told us to wait for the ambulance.

Peter Lee /

I fell off last Friday night. I was riding down the middle of the far right lane following my friend on his Stella and I didn't see that the road had a big split down the center. The right side of the lane had a 2 inch piece of asphalt slab that was higher than the left side. I was making a right turn and my Tomos caught the higher bit of asphalt, wobbled, and then my rear wheel slid out under me. My bike was still running when I picked it up.

i was on my way home from school one day and i was making a right turn and i wasn't looking and when i turned some kid on his moped just happened to be right next to me, i hit him i went down my moped was on its front tire about 5 feet in the air and i only got a small scratch on my elbow. it was pretty funny as everyone was laughing at me.

yep! just like that!

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Sexist pig!

I hit a VW doing the same thing.

good stories guys, im hoping the same thing happens to me benadam, it took alot for me not to just leave and say screw it. We will see what happens.

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

OMG Deezy I forgot about your Christmas doobie/bud.

And its almost all gone!

But I'll PM you with plan B

oh man! email me again. I have your old email addy, but I lost the new, or is it in your profile. and yes I'm jonesin my sweet heart out right now.

Mattman MopedHead /

crazy!

I got hit on my free spirit on my graduation day. I was leaving campus in my robe and this girl in a jeep didn't merge properly and cut me off. My bike slid under the car and got my forks fucked up. I just grabbed it and drove off. I didn't wanna deal with insurance or anything and I needed to buy ebr's anyway.

i have road in the snow/ ice for to winters tons o crashes but when in snow/ ice i am bundled up very well so i don't even get bruises. i however was horrible on my dirt bike when i was 8-10 i would look hay why are there so many people run right into a parked motorbike :S (Asia only motor bikes to run into)

I don't think she ever saw me. She was probably 30-40 feet away walking away.

... I think Zeke is trying to sy something, but Im not sure...

Scott: I hope you had insurance. A small scrape or dent can push $1,000.00 nowadays.

As soon as I saw those train tracks.

I whiffed it once on a wet rubber/ asphalt train crossing. All I had to do was get up though.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account