OT: moped movie sighting

i actually meant to post this a while ago, but i am just bored enough tonight to remember it.

there is an awesome swedish movie called "smala sussie". its fucking hysterical, anyways.. the main character, erik, rides around on a "suped up moped". i cant tell what it is, any guesses? swedish movie, swedish moped maybe?

Re: OT: moped movie sighting

Hmmmm, ya might look through this awesome Swedish moped sight to see if you can match it. I kinda know the girls that manage the site. I even have my 50's Puchs on it.

"Raketsport":http://www.raketsport.com/index.htm

B r e n d a n C a m p b e l l /

it kind of looks like a lazer, but it wouldn't be that. maybe a swedish version.

Almost positive it's a Crescent.

Something similar. That's a Crescent E type, and there's also Crescent F50gl's and F50 glx's that are about the same thing too.

Well it's possible it could be a Kreidler or even maybe Zundapp, but my money's on Crescent.

my swedish is not what it once was.

i searched raketsport, but could find anything that matched it.

You didn't look very hard. hehehee Go to this page, and there's2 places it can take you....

"More":http://www.raketsport.com/lasarnas_mopeder.htm

"Man these are pretty close":http://www.raketsport.com/etype_f50.htm

the crescent f50 gl was the closest thing i could find, but i dont think thats what it is. hold on, i'll try to get a better screenshot.

well shit, i guess this is actually a worse screen shot, but you can clearly see that the frame is different in this one versus the crescent. look behind the forks, the crescent has a bar going down, not there on mystery bike.

crescent

Yep, your're right. I was trying to see the frame better.

Closer yet....

Another close one, a DBS Panter.

So close...

dude, i think you nailed it with the zundapp ks 50.

check out the headlight.

Emily showed me that a while ago...it's definitely a Zundapp KS50. So rad.

this is by far the best GenFor "moped + movie" thread ever in the history of GenFor.

YAY!

also, everyone should watch this movie. its awesome. its in swedish, so you'll have to read subtitles if you dont speak it, but it's still funny as hell.

Andrew Squiggman /

where exactly does one rent swedish movies?

at the swedish movie store.

or at pretty much any store that rents foreign films. go to your local movie rental house (not blockbuster or anything like that, they probably wont have it) and ask for it. chances are if they dont have it, they'll order it in.

is it this one: http://www.blockbuster.com/movies/smala-sussie-trailer.html cause if so, you owe BlockBuster an apology.

i freakin loved that movie. the moped scenes were the best. especially when he was playing with it in the sand and that lady yelled at him. i probably sent James 50 screenshots trying to figure out what kind of bike it was. seriously everyone needs to see it. almost better than swedish fish.

Oh, I get all the red swedish fish, you can have all the other pretty colors. hehehee

The movie does look to be a good one.

i will never apologize to blockbuster!

yeah, the movie rules.

about the fish though, my ex girlfriend came over to visit me (she's swedish) and saw swedish fish and was like "what the fuck is that?" apparently the only people that call them swedish fish are americans. she seriously bought ten bags to bring back to her friends.

hahahaa, way cool! I have had a love for Swedish Fish since I was a youngin. The red ones rule!

so do the Swedish just call them "fish"?

yes, thats exactly what she called them.

Andrew Squiggman /

I remember this french guy calling U.S citizens "Stupid Americans". we just call each other "americans". friggin frog

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account