Nitromethane

Michael /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Well i know im sounding a bit crazy..but has anyone tried nitromethane in their mopeds? i know that alcohol was discussed..and since spring will be coming soon i started asking a friend of mine (who works at a hobby shop) about how they mix their 2stroke oil with the alcohol. I found out that you just need to get some special oil thats meant for mixing with alcohol and not gas. didnt think of that.. well anyway i went to this hobby shop and they didnt have any oil, but i made some kindof comment to him when i saw the fuel they had like 'heh..maybe i should try nitromethane in my moped.' so of course he goes 'oh yeah! you want some fuel? we got some that was returned.' so i go home with one gallon of 5% nitromethane, 95% methanol, and 2 gallons of 15% nitromethane, 85% methanol.

now im thinking itd be cool to try a bit in my moped. i know im crazy, but i think im going to try it. i was just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this. does anyone know what the air/fuel ratio for this would be like? gas is like 14.7:1 and ethanol is around 8:1. so what would nitromethane and methanol be like? i was fin2 by some bigger jets for my carb anyway..but im not sure if its a way different ratio or not. am i just crazy?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  NitromethaneTopic by: Michael Michael 02/18/01 02:11AM
  yoo clazy !!Re: Fred Fred 02/18/01 02:46AM
  Re: NitromethaneRe: Ivo Ivo 02/18/01 06:13PM
  Re: NitromethaneRe: Fred Fred 02/18/01 07:50PM
  Re: NitromethaneRe: gimmejim gimmejim 02/18/01 08:14PM
  Re: NitromethaneRe: Michael Michael 02/18/01 11:53PM
  Re: NitromethaneRe: Michael Michael 02/19/01 01:17PM
  Re: NitromethaneRe: beanie beanie 02/19/01 03:49PM
  Re: NitromethaneRe: Victor Victor 02/20/01 04:23PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account