Re: Biggest tires that fit on a stock maxi

sorry derek, i am absolutely dead wrong - like you said pinto's use a maxi swingarm. I wonder if there is something about a pinto that would allow them to work with that swingarm though?

when i went to put em on the maxi in the back, the jammed right in the swingarm where it comes together, in the middle like a wishbone, and that was it, it held the tire fast with the 2.5 but the 2.25 were totally fine.

When I posted this earlier in the members forum... a member thought the same thing then later posted this

I stand corrected. I just got a UPS shipping report from Ron Ayers for my backordered tires

so will a Maxi take 17x2.50 gazelleson the back??

I ran Sava 2.50's on my newport w/ no problem on the front too..but if the gazells are too wide I'll haveta change the order I placed for my friend's maxi!

ok got it derek thanks for the info...

well, if our orders go through dan - i just ordered 12 tires at that price for free shipping, you can trade me a 2.5 for a 2.25 as ill have tons o tires and can always run a 2.5 on the rear of a magnum and a 2.25 on the front.

I hope we both get out orders, thats a KILLER deal at that price and no shipping.

okie i'll try the 2.50's I think they will fit... I ordered 8 for me and my friends..

dont forget kenda tubes for like 3 bucks and change... I ordered 12 ...

the bel ray synthetic is only 6 bucks a qt... great stuff...I ordered a bunch

hey maybe its different on dif year maxi's, you might be ok. I was trying on a 78 mkII sport.

I have a couple sets of those old skinny wheels that the early maxis have i know they need the 2.25's and i can bet they will be a nightmare to put on there, so skinny!

Honesely though i just got 4 sets of the 2.5's and 6 of the 2.25's so if it doesnt work id gladly swap a 2.25 then i can mix up a set front and rear.

God if this works out and they deliver all these damn tires for free shipping im gonna be stoked , ive paid almost the same amount for 2 sets before, and i got tubes coming for all these too, and they are gazellles ( crossing fingers! )

Pics of you wearing them all like hula hoops.

Or it didn't happen.

I called them on the phone to up my order and the guy said they were in stock and would ship in a little over a week!

Christmas in November! YAY!!

Nice!

The wife specifically said that she wanted 10 sets of moped tires and tubes for christmas....

or maybe i heard her wrong?

ah screw it LOL

113 bucks for 10 sets of tires and tubes ROCK

thanks for calling ill assume mine are coming too!

Better find the heat gun and the tire irons...

You're one lucky man...

lol... my wife is French... she wants alot more than moped tires for christmas lol

Dude Michellin's are SO French lol!

im not so much lucky as ive gotten the art of swinging by around 1pm and hooking boxes of moped parts off the porch and taking them to the storage space before she gets home...

yeah she grew up riding a Moby in France... she goes nuts every time she sees one... beats the hell outta me lol

Email from dennis kirk says they are on thier way!

Psyched!

This was covered all ready in this thread break>

There are pics in there of a Pinto w/2.5" IRC on the rear and a Magnum swingarm on a pinto w/3.0" Gazzele; but here is that pinto again (it's not a fluck I have 2 that are set-up identical except for the gearing).

FYI...a maxi is a maxi is a maxi unless it's rigid, all years are the same.

Your math is screwed up there Andrew, 10 tires at 16.72 and 10 tubes @ 3.28 does not equal $113, might want to check the quantities on that order.

And yes they 2.5 will wedge into the swingarm on install, just let out the air, then you have to run your chain long enough to run the tire almost all the way back in the slots.

yah im totally match challenged i meant 10 tires not sets!

dude go thinner, 1.5" plz, i'll settle non obtrusive 2" tho too. Also when u go too big and the rim is not the right width and the tire will get flattened out and the rolloff will be incorrect, my friend with 3.25" ircs can't handle worth shit cuz of this.

skinny tires are best:

ok 1.5 is too small lol but 2 or 2.25 and high quality are best

Them shits are still on back order till the end of December...

Andrew 10 tires @ 16.72 and 10 tubes @ 3.28 = $200, not $113; better check your quantities again.

I didn't really like my 2" tires, but they were cheapies.

here is a copy of my invoice, i screwed it up going back and forth from my cart to my login and credit card info

thought i got 6 2.5 's but it must have reset. I got ( or think im getting

i ordered these totally half asleep, what i got was 6 tires and not even enought tubes lol ( 4 )

Order Number: 146731 No Errors

Order Date: 11/25/08 11:54:34 PM Awaiting Fulfillment - Stage 2

Process Date: 11/26/08 12:04:55 PM

Billing Information

Name: andrew browning

Address

City beverly

State MA

Zip 01915

Phone (978

Card Type Mastercard

Card Number *** ** ***

I thought that sounded to good to be true. At least now you won't like "wtf I ordered 10 tires".

haha naw i knew when i ordered em i was more then half asleep. I cant believe i even entered the credit card info right.

after all that i ordered more 2.25's then 2.5's and i was gonna run em on my magnums - i am, im just gonna run skinnier haha. Gazelles are Gazelles.

Yep, they called today and said on backorder till december 12th

But dennis kirk is pretty damn reputable, and usually they mean what they say so thats still a killer deal.

dennis kirk sucks because that $5 per tire adds up fasssssst... ronayers is good, place your order now and when they come in they'll honor the free ship

yeah, but my backorder was until Dec 28th.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account