Biggest tires that fit on a stock maxi

i got the stock forks and rear end.

2.25, 2.50, 3.00 X17'

??

and if i can go bigger what can mod to make em fit

~SABAT!

Re: Biggest tires that fit on a stock maxi

2.5" is the max on the rear w/ a stock maxi swingarm (gotta run the chain long so the wheel is far back in the slots).

2.75" in front on the maxi sports with the fork brace mounted fenders.

2.75" w/magnum swingarm, 3" if you're creative.

2.5's wont fit on the front.

SABAT! andDestroy /

3 inch rear magnum?

how?

i guess ima run 2.5 strait on the maxi.

i need to build a new swingarm so i can run 3'' motocross tires on my cobra

SABAT! andDestroy /

andrew, that's prolly cuz of the fender, are you sure?

Note: 2.5 gazelle will not fit in the stock maxi rear swingarm. Some other brands will fit, but real close.

ok, i tried this, with zap irc's on my maxi. I put 2.5's on the rims and they rub on the front on the inside of the fender. On the rear i was able to put the rim on ALMOST but it wont roll.

So, yeah you could probably run gazelles which are wider then an irc front and rear on a maxi , but its not gonna ROLL anywhere unless you replace the rear swingarm and modify the front fender.

Im not making this shit up, i tried to do it, the bike wouldnt roll.

Specifically, i took the wheels of my maxi that is now Andy and Ada's , and put IRC's on the snowflakes. When the bike demonstrated a remarkable failure to roll, i put those snowflakes on my magnum and put the magnum wheels on Andy and Ada's bike.

Thats why thier bike is so cool.

Its got magnum wheels.

Which of course, are exactly the same.

Except with 2.25 gazelles, the maxi's roll.

I have 2 pintos running 2.5 irc on the rear, no rubbing.

I just put a 2.75 on the front of my maxi last night.

To run a 3 you need to extend the swingarm 1/2" and run the wheel slightly off center, you can run centered but then your chain will hit (you can always file the side wall, but I don't recommend that.

Why big tires?

cause they are in style

Jesus man im not making this shit up just so i can argue about tires.

Pinto's, murray's , freespirits all have different rear swingarms then a maxi.

His question was for a maxi, and without modification they will not fit. I swear to god i carried the damn thing to the garage cause it wouldnt roll. And that was with a maxi mkII

if you shave the tire with a razor or bend the swingarm or use a maxi, murray or pinto swingarm , it might work.

But ill got down in a ball of flame saying 2.5 gazelles - especially gazelles wont work on a STOCK ( like the poster said ) maxi.

Dont believe me? Mount em up and try it.

My magnum needs tires, maybe ill buy em from ya if your man enough to admit they dont fit. I was.

SABAT! andDestroy /

haha andrew you get worked up to easy. bad memory's with gazelle's huh.

2.25 gazelles it is for the maxi.

Ghey.

~SABAT!

dude you know what its like, if you ever did something before, then remember having to go walk like 5 miles in 100 degree heat then get another bike, ride it over and swap the wheels, it would stick in your head that it doestn work. And when people said it did, you might be like "um ok, but it dont!"

actually the really GOOD part about Gazelle's is they are so wide that the 2.25 are almost as wide as other companies 2.5 so it looks and feels like your running 2.5's

why skinny tires

Small tires have less rolling resistance so they go faster.

ok ridin dirty face let's race, you and me, moped jay gets to pick the track.......

I'll put in my vote for the track. My property up in new hampshire.

can anyone find anyone with tires in stock at a decent price? gazelles have been on bo forever now..

yeah it sucks. Ive been forced into using sava's which arent bad but id much rather have gazelles or irc's. Try mopedshop for the sava and tube deal

http://www.mopedshop.com/2-Sava-moped-Tires-Tubes-p/savaspecial.htm

until the gazelles come back in...or the irc's for that matter..

Wow andrew have couple red bulls today? Chill out a bit, it's just moped tires.

Fyi...pinto's, pinto2's, and swinger2's all use the same swingarms as maxi's.

I'll post the a pic tomorrow.

those seem like they wouldn't be good for winter riding though... I mean yeah speed is great and all, but what about all seasons andrew?

haha i think people misinterpret me. Im just saying i know what its like to try and put 2.5 's on a maxi, thats all.

Very often people take my attempts at humor to be me blowing a head gasket.

I dont care if you want to try and put 2.5's on a maxi, im just saying it wont work and having a laugh , cuase i thought i was being so smart when i did it myself.

ok

I dont know if anyone is interested but I thought I’d post this info…

I got an email yesterday from ronayers.com announcing free shipping on everything over 100.00

They have Michelin gazelles 17

they are horrible for the winter aaron. Horrible.

You have a moby so you can get the 2.5 gazelles and they are even really easy to put on a moby.

You can put your name down for denniskirk and they will email you when these come in

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/tire/product.jsp?store=Main&catId=404&leafCatId=40402&skuId=542924&productId=p542925&mmyId=

but i wouldnt run those on a moby either id run gazelles.

Everybody is getting all serious about gazelles for good reason, they are awesome, not just on dry but in all conditions, ,rain, dirt, sand, hell anything.

chuck 2.5 gazelles on a moby and love em.

its just frustrating for us maxi folk cause there are no gazelles out there anywhere for 2.25 rims like maxi's.

Ron Ayers has them in stock

ah ok.

what do you think about the sparta?

same deal? it's got 16 rims on it though...

I'm not in the market right now

but for future reference

I still need to true my wheel..... It's all laced up though, just like my skates will be this year hopefully...

i am ordering some to dan, thanks for the heads up.

I ordered some in june, and 3 days later they refunded me my money and said they were not avail.

Not to be a downer but dont count em till they are at your door!

aaron for the sparta you can sometimes find sava 16 inch slicks or the white walls ( and you really need to use 2.25, look at that tiny clearance in the rear wheel well! )

gazelles dont come in 16 so that leaves ya with kenda, chengs or sava's.

you can get the reg sava tread in either white wall or reg, or the slicks. I have the slicks on one sparta and really like em.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account