1977 Prices - HIDE YOUR WALLET!

---------------- LaZer ------------* /

I think the only way these guys stay in business is because they prey on newbies that don't know how to shop around. THEY ARE OVERPRICED! How long til someone opens 1978 Mopeds and offers the same items at a 30% discount?

Re: 1977 Prices - HIDE YOUR WALLET!

pull up a beach chair and enjoy the calm before the storm!

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

hahah..im ready and waiting. another one of these stupid

threads. Im glad this doesnt stray anywhere away from the gen forum.

1977 Prices - HIDE YOUR WALLET!

Seriously, when are you going to finish your ice cream moped?

theres such a nice, warm breeze. i think i'll take a nap on top of the sea wall

FEED ME!

To put things in perspective a little bit....

I bought two new mopeds, Peugeots, back in 1978 and 1979 from a local bike shop here in Sacramento, Ca. I think the prices were $299 and $399 a year later for an upgraded bike with signals, etc.

Okay, new mopeds out the door in "1980" dollars. 28 years later, what is the equivalent in today's dollars? Depending on what assumptions you make for inflation, you will be approaching an equivalent in today's dollars of about $2000, or more.

Add the fact, there are few moped manufacturers today, and vintage mopeds in good shape can be hard to find, it appears that most mopeds are really undervalued.

So, if you can find a moped, that has been refurbished by qualified technicians from scratch, and would be considered, "good as new", what would be its value? Tough question...

In the end, according to economic theory, prices are determined by willing buyers.

Also, that is one reason I haven't sold many mopeds, as I can't find buyers that value them as much as I do, and I am not willing to give them away.

End of my two cents worth!

bfa on mle /

$84.95 vs $86.38? wow, thank god that case was cracked open. I can't believe they're charging $1.43 more. WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING CROOKS.

also, please be funnier or crazier if you're trying to be the new targaped. seriously boring.

this is me reading this thread

I thought that one of the factors that attract moped army alumni to peds is that they're CHEAP. I can't count the number of times I've seen people asking what their ped is worth only to be bombarded with 200 300 dollar price ranges. When you have 1977 asking $2000.00 it seems a little over the top.

go search 2000 dollar moped in the gen forum. there is a whole thread on it. and yes its worth the 2000 dollars to someone that is willing to pay that. it may not be reasonable to you or i but it still makes sense. what if some 16 year old rich kid want a ped that does 50 with out having to upgrade and do it himself.. theres his answer. i personally love the work that comes out of 1977 and respect them more that anything. don't diss them.

oh and $1.43? really. that is nothing.

your dumb.

stop posting.

Never!!

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.