sick of 1977 price bashing

I'm kinda sick of seeing price bashes for 1977 recurring in multiple threads. Bottom line: if you think you can build a bike as well as the SF '77 guys, challenge them to a drag race and then talk.

</rant>

Re: sick of 1977 price bashing

I have been trash talking this dude tracy... i hope he lets me use his moped for the latebirds rally... dont tell him I have been trash talking... its a secret

I gotta sell your puch, but either I will let you ride the silver puch if my motobecane is par, or otherwise the ventura boys will have a ped for you guarenteed.

Its cool. I am leaving my Cimmatti here until the Rally.. then I'll probably sell it. Either way thanks for lookin out..... whats up with the puch... is it a pile? Or you need monies

I need to make room for another project. Its taking up space... and I don't really need it.

Moped Game Sally Struthers /

get a room.

if you see the bikes in person, you'd understand how nice they are..

i'll be in there again at lunch today buying more little bits for my project. prices in the store for parts is the same as I find anywhere online, so I don't know why people are tripping..

people be trippin b/c its a fully built bike. Everyone is used to getting barn peds that are broke ass or half jank ass peds from random people

I think 1977's prices are fine, and as for that full bike, the thing is mint and professionally tuned, you could go buy a scooter for the same price covered in plastic and full of crap parts that blows up after 2 months of use. anyone bitching about it is mad because they don't own it or can't afford it. Those guys should build more bikes like that, I like looking at the pictures :-)

Midlife Crisis Alan /

Motomatic talks shit about 77.

I am going to start my own manufacturing company, based out of the US. We will build frames and use cev parts... dont know what I am gonna do about motors though... probably something common that can be easily reporoduced and kitted. I just need a few million to get my idea off the ground

John Joedicke /

You and everybody else. Not!

i'd see if you can source out some tomos a55's since they're already done up for the us emissions, might be easier that way...

though i'd personally like to see a newer morini engined ped some of their engines are sick for being 50cc though a moped one would be restricted like hell to pass the individual state reqirements (typically 2hp or less, 20-25mph... etc...)

or see about reverse engineering an engine (like magestic did) there's macine shops with that capability then it's about having a manufactung plant for it all...

I think it was one main thread recently questioning the prices...

"2000 dollar puch on 1977"

We've been over this! Everyone has given every case there is for why the prices are fair! We know!

its a far superior quality moped than any others

hey tracy lay that puch on me...

i have room.....ive become kevins storage shed haha

The issue was not that there was a thread about it, but more that I was seeing It spill over into other threads, I've seen like 10 sarcastic references in different threads to 1977 prices.

Sure! you can go ahead and stash your money in my wallet too, I got room...

deal!

what one thread on this wasnt enough?

Motomatic talks shit about 77's future race team that we are gonna smash! Get your belt drives ready bitches!

I just saw a post on craigslist dising 1977! what the hell is wrong with people!! there is a vintage moped shop in sf! that is badass!! all you naysayers are just jealous!! get a frickin life!! though I don't agree with the system, it is a "free market"!! go ride your moped!!

I like the bike on the website, but I wouldn't personally spend $2000 on a puch with no decals. I like it when I go pass someone and see the look on their face -WTF is a PUCH?- That look is priceless. almost every barn find puch has those decals. I understand that is expensive to rebuild a bike like that if you count the time put into it, the parts, and the orignial price of the bike.

some ppl don't want decals, because it looks cleaner, its personal preference, if u came in to buy that maxi Eric and wanted decals they would be put on for you for free, i see your point.

77 repairs motomatic bikes weekly, thx for the business guys!

what does racing have to do with anything, but yeah i'll race their bing bikes hah for pinks

77 is lame

Sweet. Definately worth 2K then... That thing looks showroom new. I'll bet if you count the hours of work some people here have put in on their bikes, the bikes would cost over $2000.

Brandon, What the fuck?

they are still using av10 motors in mopeds over in europe on new mopeds, http://www.beldeyama.com.tr/www/urunler/urundetay.php?k_id=22&u_id=50

http://www.windmotors.com.br/

mopeds have pinks?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account