Moped Names

If you have named your mopeds, what are they, and what helped you come up with the name? And what make/model?'

I have 2 Puch Maxis, a 1978 and a 1980.. The 80' is named Crunchy (because it makes a crunchy sound when I peddle) and the 1978 is called Bluey, because its blue... I'm creative.

Re: Moped Names

I hope to come up with better named at some point, have only owned them for less than a month!

I got made fun of for wanting to name my bike.. (78 Batavus Badger) so, we call her the Badger.

not original really, but it works.

My 1980 Murray is named Murray. I'm original, too.

I named my 1980 Sachs Suburban "Sylvia" because I bought her near Sylvania, Ohio; its the title of one of my favorite Pulp songs; and I had a severe crush on a girl named Sylvia when I was in junior high.

I try to name my mopeds after their engines, arguably their heart and soul. My '77 Starflite was named Laura which wasn't very creative. My '80 Magnum MkII was christened Sophie as a spin on ZA50.

78 Express- Express of Doom

76 Batavus VA- Mule

01 Tomos Sprint- P.O.S.

my motobecane is Lil' Kim (my ho-ped).

i haven't named the puch yet.

Pablo Puchasso /

My Champagne Newport is called Pinky Out. That's because it's classy as shit. I just named the newport to distinguish it from my other one though. Until I get more doubles of bikes, I doubt I'll name them though.

My 78 Chappy is green and it looks like a cricket. I usually just call it ol' Chappy but it's real name is Jiminy. Jiminy Cricket. But come this week he's leaving my hands.

only my nopeds have names

express: Ratattak because he was super ratty when i got him

FZ50: Wall-E, because he reminds me of the robot.

I call my maxi Julia, because I knew a Julia with with a pair of very blue eyes and my bike is blue.

Frostback Ditch /

My Malaguti is simply named Malacutie, and my FA50 is nicknamed the mophead, in account of my hair.

tom the tomos

Gary the garreli but hes gone

milwaukeedave /

1979 bat regency- Willie V (named after William the fifth king of Batavus)

Hi Ty,

Welcome to the MA in CT. I sometimes call the Madass "Maddie". Bobbie calls the Targa "Greenie"

Will be putting out a local ride calender for 2009. Looking to do a ride each month from about April on. I'll add you to the mail list if you like. We have several riders in the north central area and would love to get more going on here.

Talk to you soon I hope,

Moe

'78 honda hobbit - "the yellow one"

'98 Tomos - "the orange one"

Before I sold some parts, I had a yellow Motobecane with a rusty tank and a shitty engine. It tossed baffles daily and sounded super loud and was super slow, but torquey.

I named it Beaucephalus after Alexander the Great's warhorse.

Also, my Tomos is Seabiscuit cause I'm tall and lanky like Red Pollard and that Tomos is a serious long shot at winning any race. Turns out it's fast as shit though. Looks like I found it in a dumpster.

Also...

1227051388_cx7300_068.jpg

my 77 maxi is puchie. used to be maxine but someone here had a bike named maxine so i changed it to puchie. pernounced poochie. as in " SMELL MY PUCHIE FINGERS!!!!!"

PROM QUEEN

ewww don't remind me!! hahaha.

fa 50 = lazerath when i have it running cuz it allways comes back from the dead and stinky the shit ped when not running or running poorly

passport=cusstard cuz it taught me how to cuss and its yellow

Big Red and Baby Blue

when i name a vehicle, I try to give it a name that sounds like the nationality of the vehicle make. Got the idea from my boss' Volvo she named Helga. My Puch mini maxi i named Gretta, but i no longer have it. right now i'm in a bit of a dilemma, because now i own a 1980 motobecane sebring. I'm not sure if i should give a French name, because motobecane is french, or an italian name, because the sebrings were actually made in Italy, by motomarina... any thoughts?

Jawa= Neil Young. (Live Rust) also, neil young got sued for having things that looked too similar to the thrifty droid merchants from a galaxy far far away...

Blue 78 Moby 50v= Marie-Claire. Cause she's a temperamental french girl.

The sparta doesn't have a name yet. but it'll probably be awesome. I just need to ride him/her more to find out its name.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot /

an old lady told me i sounded like a giant bee coming down the street....hence the name... BUZZ. before that i think i called it "sorry ass", as in, "i think I'll take my sorry ass up to get some beer

As of now, I call it Bat out of hell. It's nowhere near that crazy yet, but I hope it will be living up to it's name by spring. Batavus' really don't get maxed out too often so I don't have a big hill to overcome :P

It's the traffic cone orange paint and the screaming engine that sort of scare you that prompted this name.

moebobbie: thanks and sounds good, feel free to use my profile email, I have several friends with peds at the moment, we are always down to ride!

I call my pinto Norman. It was my grandpa's name and I thought it was an appropriate name since he loved horses.

mine ('80 Puch Maxi) is called the Maxi Pad

and my dads (77' Moby 50V (Yellow)) is called The Bumble Bee

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account