"a lot of blow-by" ??

Fred /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I'll say.

... hahaha ... that thing is effff'd up.

I refrained from finishing about the alcohol thing back then ... I am going to lay it on you now.

You are going eventually going to have trouble with your lower end.

Its from the water present in the alcohol... and the people here who talk about 4 strokes using alcohol have missed the point .. we are talking about 2 strokes.

Two strokes cycle the fuel intake charge throught the crankcase... ane there is .. ALWAYS .. 'puddling' of leftover fuel/oil in the crankcase after shutdown.

The water in that .. WILL cause case and bearing corrosion ...... short periods aren't going to cause problems .. but longer term sitting WILL .. you will sooner or later start to get tiny corrosion pits on crank and rod bearing surfaces.

Once those pits appear on bearing surfaces .. your crank or bearings will be scrap .. fast.

My knowledge of this comes from YEARS of racing motorcycles at racetracks all over a third of this country... the people I know that ran alcohol ALWAYS .... switched the bike over to gasoline after race day and ran it for 15-20 minutes on gas to burn all the alcohol out.

Add this to the other problems of running alcohol.

Finding it (where?)

Storing it (with air tight storage to keep the water out)

Finding oils that will mix with alcohol (most won't mix properly)

Cutting your fuel range in half (tank used to go 100 miles .. now it goes 60 miles .. and you can't just stop and 'fill-up')

I also bet you pay more per gallon than gasoline.

What are the advantages now ?

(I know what they are .. but they don't outweigh the 'cons' in my mind)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account