GOT IT! ....GOT IT !!!!

Whew! I just sealed the deal on the beautiful MOTOBECANE Sebring you saw probably on E-bay! What a bike! Could be the best one I've ever seen! Already has new rebuilt Franco-Morini and only has 1600+ miles! Considering the one I'm on probably has in excess of 22,000 miles,it 's time for a newer model.Ha! Don't worry,Ike,I still have plans for a new Tomos Top-Tank or Revival! I JUST COULDN'T PASS ON THIS ONE ! What a bike! YEEIPPEEEEE !!! don-ohio (:^)

Re: GOT IT! ....GOT IT !!!!

Picture please. bruce

Hey Don!!

I just done the same thing!!! I just got a 1977 Sachs Westlake "mint" original with 499 miles!! I got it from the original owner!!! It is beautiful and runs like new!!!!

So, i don`t blame you for jumping on those deals!!! I do it every chance i get!!! I`M happy for ya!! (maybe a little jealous) lol!!!!

I don`t need to see a pic of your bike! I expect to see it roll in my drive any day now!!!! lol!!

I will post a pic of the Sachs though! I know MBARTELL would like to see my Sachs and your new Sebring too!!

Don, i am glad to see you back on here, even if it is not all that often!!!

Good luck with the new bike!!

See ya!!

Ike

Thanks for the well wishes,Ike! yeah,I KNOW you will jump on a good moped deal! Of course,that's your job,I know,as a wheeler-dealer! Ha! You won't see that nearly mint Sebring comin' Ike `til I get the 60cc kit off Chris at MWH.It's just too long a trip and too many hills for a 50cc with a `fat boy' like me on it! Ha! I'll post an e-bay link to the pisture of it here in a minute. I figured EVERYBODY saw it though. It is beautiful! I have it as `wallpaper' on this `dinosaur' as we speak. Well...........POPCORN TIME!.....PCs and popcorn! What's better than that except maybe the Super Bowl!? don-ohio (:^)

Here's the link to the pic,,Bruce! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1859940137&rd=1 ......................................................................................... I am really excited about it! I've only seen one of these up close and personal. BJ was working on it at Handy Bikes when i arrived! I loved the look of it as soon as i saw it. Of course,the one I ride is in essence one of these,but I hadda put a Cosmo Colt II engine on it to make it similar.What do you think of it,Bruce? don-ohio (:^)

my new Sachs! Looky looky!!

Don,

I know it ain`t a Sebring, but i think its a little jewell??? This bike is nice!! It had 499 original miles when i got it. It has 505 now! I found it 4 miles from my house!! I just got a Puch Magnum too, but it is not too nice!

Well i can wait till ya get the 60cc kit i guess!! lol, but i will look at your pic!!

That popcorn sounds good!!!! I might have some myself!!

Ike

P1010045.jpg

Re: my new Sachs! Looky looky!!

WOW! Ike that is beautiful! Sachs has always stood for qualtiy! I'd like to test ride that one! I still have an old Sachs parts' bike.I also still have that Tomos A35 engine.hA! You DEFINITELY have the right `connectionsl,Ike! This Sebring has me really excited also! Be pullin' in your drive soon,Ike! don-ohio (:^)

Wow! Don!! That Sebring is beautiful!!! Good thing i never saw it!!!! You woulda had to payed more for it!!! lol!!! Nahhh! i wouldn`t do that to ya!! But that bike looks like new for sure!!

It looks like a warmed over Puch Magnum!!!HAAAAA! HAAAAA!!

You got a keeper there!!

Hey, by the way! The Doctor kept me off work for 4 more weeks! I go back the 28th! of October!! So i will be able to make up for lost ridin time now that i can twist a throttle again!! And October is just about my favorite month!! Maybe i will ride my new Sachs over for a visit with you!!! HAAA HAAA

Ike

Garelli_teen /

Hey Don,

Thats a nice ass bike! I wish I can catch a deal like that around were I live.

Arjuna

P.s. Make sure you ride it hard!!!

Arjuna

D-O, Nice Bike.... I allmost started to buy it myself, but the shipping... Doug D

Thanks,Ike and Doug!

Yeah,Ike! I am really excited! Thanks for NOT bidding,Ike and Doug! It's about a 3.5 hr.ride up there in my F-250,I guess,but at least it ain't 150 bucks for shipping.Ike,if you bring that Sachs Westlake up here,we'll ride ALL the roads(but you better make sure it's a hill puller first!)! But you would need to tell me when you're comin'. I have some nice roads up her,but I hafta' admit,you've got better ones over there.Ha! I am always amazed that Western Ohio has so many small,nearly one lane roads in this day and age. Thanks guys! don-ohio (:^)

nice, don, ike!!!!!!!!!!

nice peds!!!!! hey don, i'm sure you will have 30 or 40 pounds of gear on that beauty in no time.lol................paul

Damn Don! You payed $650 for an old moped. You must really love Sebrings!

How much did you give for that Westlake Ike? I have never seen one that isn't green, or so perfect!

That's a nice bike Don, for a tank top of coarse. Congrats.,bruce..P.S. welcome back, missed your stories.

Thanks,Folks!

Thanks,Paul,Arjuna, and even Crisis! Ha! Hey,Crisis! I didn't quite pay 650.00,but by the time I take my gas-hog F-250 up to Northern Ohio, I will have that much in it for sure. Those bikes,even in average consdition are worth 500.00 because of that MO2 engine. This one I felt was my last chance at a near flawless `ped witn an MO2 in that price range. Plus I have all the frames and parts needed to keep it runnin' forever.Ha! Ike's Westlake is a looker,ain't it guys? He's the kinda' guy who can find a diamond in a pile of old rocks every time! Ha! Well,if I can get the money together today,I might try to go up there.............`cause I am ITCHIN' to pick it up. I'll be busy today,but I'd like to sign in to the forum every night if I could. Get out there,people, and show off your mopeds! As a side note, I rode 80+ miles Sunday afternoon and to work(26+mi. one way)and by coming home Mon. AM,I had totaled the 135 mi..First time I've ever taken the `ped into the Nuclear facility.FUN!FUN!FUN! Ha! don-ohio (:^)

my new Sachs! Looky looky!!

Aww that one is really nice. It looks just like mine, 'cept it's red. Mine's green- like most others. Pretty smooth ride, Huh?

Carefull Ike you'll start wanting more Sachs's. The Junkyard we went to had a coupple- even one with the more powerful square head/cylinder.

You could sell that one with that rebuild kit you have, and make someone very happy.

Now you gotta strip off the decals, paint it red and have twin bikes... You better start putting some miles on that one quick. I thought I saw annother one on ebay (there were 2) that looked exactly like that, but it was a little beat up, or at least dirty--Yours looks spotless. Have fun picking it up, and swing by handybikes for annother windsheild, right?

Thanks,Bruce! Yeah,that baby holds 2.6 gallons of gas and multiply that at 125 mpg for a stock 50cc, you get 325 mi? of cruising range. Now with my 60cc kit,I've only hit 100 mpg one time that I've checked it,and it has been averaging probably 70 -90 mpg,depending on how hard I run it,and how heavy I load it. That's still a good trade-off for nearly twice the HP though. Gotta go! See ya'! don-ohio (:^)

Yeah,Mike! You read my mind about that windshield! However, this transaction has probably delayed my getting a windshield for a while.I have some smaller ones here I could put on temporarily I guess.I ain't paintin' it red.NO WAY! It looks just great as it is. Actually in years of age,a Motobecane is older than a Motomarina as far as Sebrings go. This is either an `80 or `81 garage kept. Take care,Mike! See you at Ike's next ride,maybe? don-ohio (:^) `ped til yer red!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account