just painted my tomos

let me kno wwhat you think. im in the process of [ainting the swingarm and other odds and ends. putting a newer tomos front end on it hence why it is not painted. more pics to come

Re: just painted my tomos

A fine start, give it some detailing, decals, pinstriping etc.

i was thinking about it. i like how you can see the tomos but only in a certain light. i was also thinking baout making the tomos decal neon green and having neon green accents through out. what do you guys think?

The decal is raised metal, right? Finish putting your coats of black on the frame, then get a rigid sanding block and sand off the paint in the raised areas, then clearcoat. You'll have clearcoted polished metal logo on a black background!

i wet sanded over the whole thing and the decal didnt show any metal

Keep sanding it I guess?

please tell me its raised metal and not the sticker...

Looks good, I'll recruit you for some pointers when I do some painting. P.s. my puch is almost done being 2.0-ified.

Good job! Now the guy on the puch will have to take a second look at what just ripped past him.

looking good dude. you might have some trouble ripping past my puchie though, lol. probly not she's not that fast good luck with it dude.

looks sic! whats the status on the wheels?

you have some over spray on the forks buddy but flat or satin black is the new pink so well done buddy cheers!!

Needs some red & white pinstripes.

Definitely try and polish your engine up real nice before you put it back on. Make that shit look chrome.

Red rims w/ white walls would look sick as well.

Just making some suggestions ;)

>Definitely try and polish your engine up real nice before you put it back on. Make that shit look chrome.

Nooo, it's just going to get dirty again. Sandblast the cylinder/head and paint them flat black using car exhaust manifold paint (extremely durable and heat resistant). You can buy it at Autozone, it's well worth it.

thanks for all the good advice. im gonna post pictures in a little of it put back together for the most part. i painted the swingarm and a few other odds and ends. i know i got over spray on the forks but its ok cuz im thinking about getting the newer sprint front end.

another flat black moped?

u need to paint some other color then black

Andrew Squiggman /

sandblast the whole bike, and then clearcote the raw metal. It would look like a Delorean moped!

you can paint it GLOSS black!

add some purple highlights and the clearcoated polished metal (i love it -- poor man's chrome)

back together

Re: back together

by the way i still need wheels!!! im looking for old tomos 5 stars if you wanna help me out

did you paint over the decals?

I didn't know those had stamped metal on the side.

Doesn't seem like something they would stop doing if they already had the system to do it.

Andrew Squiggman /

i think its pretty clear that he scuffed the bike to paint, but did not in fact remove the stickers. I think he actually painted right over them. too bad

Brian Mikami /

wow...

i wanted to paint over them so you could still see the tomos. it was intentional

Andrew Squiggman /

but why did you leave the stripe sticker below the name? just curious

im eventually gonna paint the tomos logo neon green and the stripe on is gonna be the neon green fading to white

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account