working at scrapyard pays off

Brendan Chenelle /

I just got two really shitty sparta foxi mopeds. Ones whit and ones black and chrome. I got the white one working after four hours of aking it apart. Those sachs motors are very smooth:)

Re: working at scrapyard pays off

david f martin /

I own a couple of aircooled VWs, both of my kids also drive aircooled VWs, and I work at a VW shop with lots of salvage cars in the back yard... I can keep all of my family's vehicles running for practically nothing.

david

I want to work at a srapyard, but there arent any around where I live.

-Viet

Brendan Chenelle /

hey, does anybody have any info aBOUT FOXI MOPEDS?

From the late 70s,

There was one called the Amigo that had a 49cc Minarelli, 10 inch rims, fiberglass body.

The GT and GT De-Lux had a 47cc Sachs. GT had separate tank. De-Lux had tank built-in.

The Red Foxi used a 49cc Minarelli and 16 inch rims.

yo david.. how much can you get me a used but not too abused vw motor? me and a friend been toying with a dune buggy that has a 4 cyl vw motor.. are all vw's horiszontally mounted pistons? Just curious ... anyways... I think we have a good weber carb and a deceant intake just needing the short block.

david f martin /

A running used longblock usually runs around $700 from us. A brand new VW of Mexico engine runs about $1600.

david

Doc Holliday /

Hi Toehead,

Keep an eye our for Honda PA50's if you would. It is getting harder to get parts for these and a parts bike would sure be good to have. TIA

Doc

Brendan Chenelle /

sure dude.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account