performance parts for vespa grande

what would you do to 'trick out' a grande? im trying to figure out what to do to mine and i wanted to see what you guys thought/have done. wee haw.

NICK

performance parts for vespa grande

truck, wait for crisis to reply. i think he has a grande..............paul

Re: vespasupershop.com

Talk to Fabio there about what you want to do and he'll have what you need.

Jim

Re: vespasupershop.com

a friend of mine who works at a scooter shop here put one of those huge simonini engines and matching pipes on a grande, but he had to cut the side of the frame so that the carb could stick out. he also had to get rid of the right pedal , which is too bad . i guess this is okay though because the owner wants to pull a side car with it.

it also destroyed the clutch because he didnt have any of the bigger springs in it . so i probably wont be doing that . this is actually really irrelevant , but you know .

Re: performance parts for vespa grande

Grandes aren't the easiest peds to "trick out" because the intake manifold is part of the crankcase. It's only 12mm's. On mine, I got a performance exhaust. You can either get a proma circuit or a techno circuit. I also purchased a 13/13 Dellorto, to replace the stock 12. I did have a 70cc kit on it, until one of the transfer ports chipped and seized my piston ring, as well as digging a nice groove in my cylinder. With the pipe and the 13/13, I get about 35ish on flat. You loose a little bit of excelleration, but it's worth it. It still does well on hills. You can purchase a "speed crankcase" from 50cc.nl. It's 85 bucks and has a 13mm intake and different porting. It is supposedly awesome, but I have yet to get one...

Chris

I forgot to mention, that I can go super freaking fast down hills. I have never had anyone beat me on a hill. And, when I said, "you lose a little bit of excelleration", I meant that you loose a little bit on the take off, but it excellerates just fine. 0-25 in 5 seconds.

I can go 35 mph on flats with stock. It'll climb a 40-degree hill from a stop, keep accelerating and reach 25 mph. BTW, I took off the turn signals and battery boxes and the second passenger pegs.

Sounds good.

have you heard anything about the "performance" variators or the clutches ?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account