what type of wrench do i need for motobecane pedal

i can't figure out how to get those dang pedals off the motobecane. it is special size wrench?

Re: what type of wrench do i need for motobecane p

They're probably just reversed threads on the left side,after all. Try reversing the torque,okay? Where the heck is Ron Brown when we need him? don

don-- it's actually the bolt im having a problem with. my typical open wrenches dont fit it. i've tried 15 -19 mm and nothing seems to go on. i wish i could describe it better.

Matt Lorence /

looks like it should be a 15mm, the 14 is a hair too small, and a 9/16 might work, but its a bit sloppy. I would go the cheap route, and use an adjustable crescent wrench.

yeah, where has ron been? everyone misses his british sage wisdom. i hope he comes back. better yet, i hope he's alive and well.

Re: 19/32"

That's worked for me.

The left side pedal IS left hand thread, so you "tighten" it to loosen it.

Jim

I think you might be saying that the wrench doesn't actually fit in the available space -- is that right? You need to get a much flatter wrench - they make them specifically for working on bicycles. Alternately, some wrenches are just smaller, so measure how big the opening is and go to the hardware store with those measurements.

simon

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account