any true coast to coast moped trip?

I rode my bicycle across the country this summer, self supported.

I kind of want to ride my moped across now.

Has anyone done it fully? I think Avery Bloom didn't make it the whole way. And some kids from Vermont did it, but had a support vehicle (doesn't count)

Seems like you could do it in three weeks easy. I rode my moped from Richmond, VA to Toledo, OH on 2006. It was 600 miles. From Dulles Airport to Pittsburgh was a 234 mile day, very long. I'd say a comfortable day would be around 150 miles.

If you used Adventure Cycling's western express route to yorktown, va its only like 3000 miles. so 20 days. Easy and badass

But has anybody done a true self supported coast to coast US trip?

Re: any true coast to coast moped trip?

if you go by central pa send me an email lol

Check out his dude's trip back in the 70's from Toronto to the Yukon and back self supported..

http://mopedtrip.com/

Yes. I am aware of Graham and Lee's trip and Walter Muma's.

Those were both infinitely more difficult than going across the US

Tryin' to find out specifically of coast to coast U.S. Tours.

id like to do it when i have the money and a decent moped

dan and matt from m23 almost made it. its kinda hard to finish when yr kits explode.

Did the NY kids document it?

they might of taken pictures but nothing other than that.

paul Rodrigues /

how about a race? West coast VS. East, same rout same departure time, first one (or team) to the other side wins.

Ok paul. You are on.

Cannonball run style.

I'll ride my jawa.

Do a search on here for Libby. She rode from Pennsylvania last summer. She rode by herself on a moped to the Oregon coast, and then back to Idaho for muchof the summer, and then on back to Chicago, where her journey ended. That's farther than from one coastto the other, but it's not "coast to coast."

If you search, there was alot of stuff posted on here last summer while she rode.

"A photo while she was here":https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=1&i=386957&t=386802

Those two kids did sf to PA i think last summer on new tomos. They knew basically nothing about mopeds. I met one of them while I was in SF last summer. Nice dude. Cant remember his name or the name of his project or anything.

aaron, im gonna win. mainly because my bike is faster than yours.

haha have fun pedaling

Walter Muma is the man who made the longest moped journey ever made.It is documented on the Moped Trip website <www.mopedtrip.com> "www.mopedtrip.com" Here is his Motobecane in the Attachment that he rode. The Motobecane was new when he started is what i remember.

1224812479_zwm1978alaskamoped.jpg

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

riding across alaska is further than going from califoria to the sothern tip of south america? weird!

I was about to say!

Walter Muma traveled 11,500 miles

I think there was a group of dutch guys who rode from Chicago to LA. I dont know for sure if this is true you would have to talk to Jeff at choke. Word is they were on Solexs sporting wooden shoes. Can any late birds back this up? They were just at choke a couple days ago.

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

I thought that the Harley-Davidson or Indian Motorcycle companies did that kind of trip in the thirties. Maybe it wasn't self supported though.

True story. I hung out with them tuesday night. 19 moh in wooden clogs. route 66.

mike rock, when you blow up your kit, halfway across then you'll see me pedaling by... you might want to invest in a pedal chain.

-aaron

I want to try this some day, but it wont be for years.

John I'd love to hear about your biking across the country. That sounds fantastic.

graham and lee's trip was 13,500 miles so thats a couple K over 11,500.

True story.

All these crazy rides and nobody can come up with a straight coast to coast.

Pablo Puchasso /

I was at Choke when the clogged guys showed up... it was yesterday. 30+ I'd say. The sound of those clogs in the shop... One guy had his painted up with a Solex no less. Met Steve from Steve's moped world too. It was surreal.

I am in LOVE with Libby.

<themopedguys.com>

CT to CA in 21 days 6 1/2 hour. No cell phone or support vehicle.

If you want to join us in 2009 we will be breaking that record.

Must be able to ride 14 to 16 hours a day.

Send me an email themopedguys@aol.com

I plan too next summer. I'm not going FULLY accrost the country, but am going half way. I'm going to ride my 1975 Motobecane from Chicago Illinois to Seattle Washington.

I already have most of the information I need documented, and I am in the process of collecting the nessesary parts and tools I will need for a trip of such grand legnths.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account