MOPED ARMY POLL: Create an OFF TOPIC SECTION

90% of the general discussion is frikkin off topic. I don't come here to read about people complaining about stereotypes or presidents. I come here to read and learn about mopeds. So if people really wanna keep doing this, create a new forum because this is ridiculous.

Re: MOPED ARMY POLL: Create an OFF TOPIC SECTION

yeah I totally agree. this needs to happen. even I think calling it "General Moped Discussion" is a stretch most of the time.

go to the repair section and talk about mopeds!

this off topic shit comes and goes.

it is bad right now

it will go

at the end of the day , remember, your having a poll, but this IS NOT YOUR OR MY WEBSITE, its paid for by the members, and if they want to put a off topic forum up, they will, they pay the bill.

And i think if they were gonna do that , they would have a long time ago.

Just saying.

Plus id miss all the hysterical ot things quatto posts LOL

Just cause it says "OT - I slept with obama AND MCain

doesnt mean you have to open it.

You know, usually I don't mind an occasional OT thread. It keeps things interesting. However, right now, we have 14 threads on this front page right now that are either about politics, some version of [insert name] makes me want to [insert action that is either vomit or sounds like vomit], or something else about being emo/punk.

With the politics, I agree with Motobrokane. NO MORE POLITICS, YOU FUCKS!! I don't think any of us here are going to convince anyone else here to change their vote. We all have our own opinions. Just let it go people, let it go. If you want to debate with someone, send an invitation to all your favorite (or least favorite) MA gen forum posters to join you on some political board of your choosing. Hell, make your own board. I don't care -- just keep the roar to a minimum over here.

As for the "I'm going to make fun of discussion X by making a discussion very similar to discussion X" -- maybe every once in a while this is funny. When we have like, 7 at once, that's just dumb. If you overdo it, it ceases to be funny and begins to be annoying.

I wouldn't want to see the general forum split from off topic crap because I like the mix (and there's some stuff that's kind of in the middle), but if we're going to have this many worthless and/or hotly debated topics floating around like this on a regular basis, then I'd probably change my mind.

No offense, but this thread is probably just as pointless considering that none of the suggestions for this site (that I have seen) have resulted in any sort of change. That said, I totally agree.

But at least most of the OT threads right now are funny. Though I do agree that they would definitely put anyone off if it was their first time visiting.

it ain't broke, it just is what it is. no need to try to fix it. if you don't want to read the OT posts, then scroll the fuck down! seriously, it's not that hard. this is more than just a moped discussion forum, it's a general discussion forum for people who like mopeds. every once in a while these moped people like to discuss other things. more often as the weather turns against us, but what's wrong with that?

not that i don't also find some of the posts annoying, i do. but that doesn't make me want to segregate them. slippery slope, i'd say.

The rabble attempt to unite against the elitist ruling class!

And how did you get that? By exploiting the rabble. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the idealistic and social differences in our forum. I didn't know we had an elitist ruling class. I thought we were an autonomous collective. We don't have a lord. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. Strange men lying in barns distributing mopeds from which an elitist group is formed is no basis for mopedarmy government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses not from some farcical elitist ruling class. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power because some old man from a barn threw a moped at you and your gang. If I went around saying i was an emperor just because some dusty old man lobbed an autocycle at me, they'd put me away! Now we see the violence inherent in the system. Come see the violence inherent in the system. Help! I'm being repressed! That's what I'm on about. Did you see jasonf repressing me?

I didn't see nothing...

(turns to Jasonf) Good morrow, m'lord! Shall I perform a jaunty minstrel's dance for you?

There is an off topic section. It's called real life, and you can talk about whatever you want.

I value readability over unnecessary obscure word choice and speaking pseudo scholarly for no reason.

Hahaha I like your rephrasing. Well said.

LOL you dont get it im not bein serious

OT- MOPED ARMY POLL: Create an OFF TOPIC SECTION

move to canada if you don't like it.

btw/

do you have a flat spot on your head I can sit my beer on?

it was an obscure reference to a movie, and i suppose i could have just said "haha yeah like monty python when arthor is yelling at the peasants.." but i had time to waste and wondered if anybody would get it- i always laugh when i hear a back to the future reference from time to time; perhaps somebody might have got it or was it too much of a stretch

lol i just reread this 'a bttf reference from _time to time_ hahah' wow. lame

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

You can always try the MRA site

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Wow!

As Foghorn Leghorn would say:

"Ya'lls all book smott theah boy!"

I got it, Rog, if it makes you feel better.

I bet threads like this come up every 4 years on pretty much every forum on the internet.

comes up 3x a year here.

Honestly try Moped Riders Ass

Very High Class Forum.

lol, internet.

no groms no blasters /

Whether you like it or not, history is on our side. Off-topic posts will bury you and your "general moped discussion."

sometimes there are a ridiculous amount of OT threads here. then the next few days are full of the "OMG stop posting OT threads" threads. then it goes back to normal. then the cycle restarts...

and i got the monty python reference, too.

the gen forum _is_ the off topic forum. go to repair or performance if u wnt to talk about mopeds.

the funny thing is most avid posters here seldom post anything worth a damn in either of the other 2 forums or the wiki.

there is no point in making a second off topic forum it would make this site even more full the already overwhelming number of fast talkers and slow riders.

get off the interweb and ride/wrench bitches

The fucked up part is that when you go to the other sections to ask questions or talk, no one is there. They are all in the general forum. So practice what you preach, go give advice in the forum about mopeds. The rally/ride info stuff belongs in the general forum. I just dont see all that many people helping out in the other threads. People would rather make topics about not making topics that dont pertain to mopeds. Just sayin'

Elliot said it all.

I agree. The current state of the general forum is a testament to the need of a "off topic" or "utter bullshit that I would discuss with my friends if I had some" forum.

It's all Targaped's fault.

signed, Targaped.

And Zap is not hetero.

Observant's right /

Linda is also not Linda

Definitely Not /

Linda is Zap's closet ego?

Uh... so dont read those posts.

If it does not interest you there is not reason to read it and then complain about how sick you are of it. General forum is just that general, a place to talk about life and what interests us peds are definatly a big part of it but no one on here is one dimensional and some may not have an outlet outside it this site to just BS.

Also, keep in mind many people on here are friends and like the fellowship.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account