FA50 motor swap...

I have a newer scooter and I want to put its two stroke on my FA. Cause its variated and it hauls nuts. I was wondering if the fork tube on the FA was the same as most peds? I want to go to some old puch or tomos forks for stability. This should be a hella fun bike.

Thoughts, opinoins, or advice... Please.

Re: FA50 motor swap...

what?

WOW! that would be crazy fun. especially with some added stability

your talking about putting the new scooters motor onto the fa right???? shit would haul ass yo!!! lets do it!

What it said. I want to put the motor from a two stroke scooter, on my junker FA50. It goes 45 semi derestriced now. I have to take the washer out in the morning. I'm doomed when it comes to rung out or broke of bolts, lol.

I have a set of kinetic front forks for the FA50 already... Now we just need to get our hands dirty!!!

i don't think that will work

it'll work, u do have a metal cutting tool and a welder right ?

FA50 motor swap...

Fred Melonhead /

I think

... that you have no idea what you are getting into

- Its easy on TV

Sit down for a minute with the 2 bikes side by side ... and start making a list of the things you will have to do

Is the scooter a - complete - running - whole - bike ?

yes ? ... then you must like wasting your time

what do you mean your fa50 is semi derestricted?

and 45 on it?

i was stoked that i could get up to 34 on mine!

His scooter is semi-de-restricted, no?

Wouldn't the Kinetic forks be LESS stable than the existing Honda ones? From what I've seen, you'll probably want to stick with the Honda ones unless you get Puch ones, new ones, or possibly ones from a dirt bike.

Also, I can't imagine this will really work all that well for you. Post some pictures of what you're working with...

lol, alex read the post.

And I don't watch tv Fred. Every one of my friends are welders. I have accese to anything I need. Yes it is a whole scooter.

Yes I do like waisting my time. Because I actualy like working on bikes... It for me, is what some would call, a hobby Fred. Some thing you do in your spare time for fun...

I'm not an idiot. There will be a snag here and there... But fuck it. Custom doesn't bolt on. And If its not hard, Its not worth it.

wait a minute now...the scooter engine is de-restricted?...maybe? yes?

oh jeez...aww...makes sense!...sooo silly of me...my bad yo!

Why does it say this thread has 49 replys?

okay it doesn't any more...

i know it said it...

Fuck i need some sleep...

I'm going to ride...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account