What should I get?

I am going to get my first moped but I am having a little trouble deciding which type of moped I should get. I like the style of Puch's but I heard used ones can be unreliable unless you definitely know what you are doing. Should I get a new moped (which may not be the best looking one) or are the Puch's reliable enough?

Re: What should I get?

puchs are very reliable. Just learn the basics on how they work. Working on them & riding them go hand in hand.

Aside from Tomos, the new ones are total crap. Get a Puch

Well, out of the two I deal with (Magnum, Hobbit) The Honda Hobbit is the only one that doesn't give me crap. I do love Puch's though. =)

Just pick ones that calls out to you. Like...when you see it, you will know. I know I did.

I just got my first ped, Puch Maxi, very easy to understand the engine and hardware, lots of parts available, tons of info on this site and others.. do it!

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Yes! Puch is probably the best choice for a first moped.

You want reliability? I guess it depends on how much you are wanting to spend. There are kinda two seperate things. Youre talking about the diffeence between a new item, and a 30 year old item. They arent really comparable. If you want reliablility, then get yourself a new tomos.

If you want something cool, then get a puch.

But really, there arent any mopeds that are 30 years old that you could consider to be "Super Reliable". They are 30 years old, and they break all the time, regardless of brand.

What should I get?

Everyone is making an assumption that the poster is mechanically inclined. If you are not mechanically inclined, go with a new Tomos. If you like to work with your hands and want to learn how a moped works, then get the uch. If you get the Puch, it w_will_ break down on you eventually no matter how well it's running when you buy it. I sold one once and the girl (Buffalo Heather, actually) drove it around the block and it ran great. She drives five hours home and it wouldn't run. It happens. A lot. If you don't want to mess with that, get the Tomos.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account