WTF BING?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! DAMN YOU SACHS!

so, ive been trying to put a buddys sachs in working order for months on the side. we can get it to run at mid-to wot but nothing else. a plug chop showed lean SO i looked at the performace spread sheet to see what size jets folks were running. seemed to be between 58-62. currently it has a 52. so i went to treats for bing jets.

after returning home, i realized something horrible...

SACHS BINGS HAVE A WHOLE DIFFERANT JET THREAD SIZE AS PUCH BINGS! IT DOESNT EVEN COME CLOSE TO THREADING IN! SHIT FUCK CHRIST ARE YOU KIDDING ME! GOD DAMN YOU BING! CURSE YOU SACHS! WTF KIND OF HORSE SHIT IS THIS! OF ALL THE GOD DAMN SHIT IVE DEALT WITH THIS SACHS THIS TAKES THE CAKE! FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!

Re: WTF BING?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! DAMN YOU SACHS

Tell your friend to fork up the cash and upgrade to a dellorto.....screw bings.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

just throw a puch bing on there. It should fit the intake fine. Worst case you have to shim it a little. I know you have a pile of bings in your garage.

time to invest 15$ in jet drill bits.

Get drills, a new carb or dellorto idle jets.

I can't believe that wasn't in the wiki. I just added a note about it, although it's kind of vague. Anyone who wants to elaborate on it, please do.

WTF BING?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! DAMN YOU SACHS!

I don't understand why is it so hard to believe that a different model of carb would use a different jet?

Why are you into mopeds again?

because in all my sachs research it NEVER came up. dellorto jets fit *all dellortos. why wouldnt bings be the same.

but thanks for chiming in with your usual "helpful" 2 bits jerk

"forget the bing... Get the dellorto cause like coka-cola, its the real thing"

I'm not a huge bing fan or anything, but I picked up a model 18 bing (18/sumpthin'/sumpthin', 14mm carb for '96 Puch Korado), for like 12 bucks on ebay. It is square and has a larger diameter mainjet threaded hole, I have the 1 #60 jet and am going to get jet drills, and solder/drill that sucker into perfection if I have to. I have been much more satisfied by the greater adjustability and sealability of this carb vs the 2 "round bowl" ones I have (14mm and 16mm), in spite of the fact that this carb faces the screws inside and has to be adjusted from the other side of the bike with long screwdriver (Right hand carb on a lefty Puch Maxi.) This carb has 2 adjustment screws, and three jets (inc needle), not bad. If the sachs one is like this model 18, keep it, it is a better carb than the leaky round ones. Are normal bing jets too small for your carb too?

I'm wondering:

Did someone say that a dell' idle jet screws into the "bigger jet bings" ???? Help, this is important!!

Is this model 18 above like the Sachs carb? Or could there be three sizes of bing jet. (yikes) Help Puch Gods!! I need jets too.

thx

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

your korado bing uses regular bing jets, dont worry.

fuck bings. useless leaky pieces of shit. throw them away now.

amen kelly i just sold my 17mm a couple months ago. shed a tear when i did. getting my del in the mail this week i hope

You must become one with your carb.... Seriously, Bings arn't nearly as bad as people make them out to be. I like Bings, they work just fine if you know what your doing.

five minutes and one search on this website would have told you square bings take different jets and saved you all that caps-lock shouting.

_because in all my sachs research it NEVER came up. dellorto jets fit *all dellortos. why wouldnt bings be the same.

but thanks for chiming in with your usual "helpful" 2 bits jerk_

this has definitely been discussed multiple times.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

bings suck. All tuners agree.

it wont let me login to edit the wiki for whatever reason... but here's some more helpful info:

http://www.themopedjunkyard.com/newsachs.html

they also have jets apparently. 56 and 58 are hard to come by.

i like the simplicity of the bing. and it's better than wasting money on a new carb.

bing isn't even the only brand to use different jets in different crabs, mikuni has like three sizes, one hex and two round.

bings are sweet and if you say they suck again I WILL EAT YOUR FUCKING FAAAAAAAACE!!!!

hey josh remember when i said lol sachs after u called that cheap find on the interweb...

lol sachs.

install a puch bing and be done with it. it will be at a slight angle, but will work fine. the other solution is to flip the intake around so its facing strait out the front then install a puch bing and uni filter on that, provided the intake u are using is the one thats able to do that.

"dellorto jets fit *all dellortos." not true. SHA and PHBG carbs use the same main jets, dellorto makes many other carbs that are applicable to mopeds that don't use the same size main jets, and the other jets get even more obscure.

cheers

geez, 10.95 for a fucking jet?

Did it say something like "you must have cookies enabled to edit the wiki"? It did that to me the other day, and I had to sort around in the internet options until I figured out how to make it allow cookies.

Bings FTW. (Unless it's for a race... then the Bing would probably lose. But I still like them).

the (all) in all dellortos meant the common applications.

yeah, the angle that it takes to fit the puch bing is a bit to extreme for this particular bike, we tried. guess ill have to try to flip the intake. tried once but the bolts were a real pain in the ass to get to. very very tight space.

this is also NOT my bike. so im not dropping cash into it.

like t.rosevelt said, "do what you can with what you have, where you are"

fitting on your maxi if youre too lazy to make an intake - bing wins

if you hate carbs bigger than 15mm - bing wins

having stupid fuel banjo parts that strip out - bing wins

going fast - dellorto wins

plastic float bowls that dont rust - dellorto wins

plastic floats that dont suck - dellorto wins

simplicity - dellorto wins (sha not phbg duhhh)

jets i can read without a microscope - dellorto wins

clear floatbowl option - dellorto wins

tuning your kit right with three jets - dellorto wins

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

stripping out every screw because the entire carb is made of lead or some other equally feeble metal = bing wins?

tiny tiny jets that strip out easy = bing wins?

shitty connection making the intakes have to be completely exact rather than using a malleable plastic shim = bing wins?

worse throttle response than an SHA = bing wins?

i YEAH the jets stripping out. i knew i forgot something.

under the wiki thing on foxi's i put the info on this. Prob should have put it under sachs.

if you try and order a jet from moped shop or handybikes or any joint like that you will note that it says "will not fit square bing"

Some people just take the jet holder out of round bing and put it in the square bing. I would just call handybikes and have bj toss a larger size jet in there.

Its just a carb at the end of the day.

I think the point many of the posters above are going on with is the square bing ( in my opinion ) is not a bad carb, but i personally would never try and performance upgrade the damned thing, its just not meant for that.

id either ride it or hum a dellorto on that.

Almost three years ago we visited this subject, here is a post with pics of the jets, the next post has measurements of the jets compared.

Psssst Josh- I'll trade you a huge pile of motobecane for any sachs you got. You will never have to touch their no head havin bing powered weirdness again.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account