someone slashed my seat

Yes, I woke up this morning and it looks like someone took a razor blade to my seat on my Puch Maxi. Has any had thier seats split in half due to cold air? Or do I just wish that happened.... what to do... what do to... can't keep the ped inside cause it's a fire hazard...

Oh well.. that's life I guess..

Gordy

Re: someone slashed my seat

Dude, some chump was jealous and vandalized your moped. Was it locked up? They probably damaged it cause they couldn't steal it.

Sorry, that's a bummer. Simon had his seat attacked by a cat.... !!

the cat didn't know better... the punks who did this DO know better.

We now live in a quiet suburb (quiet, except for the moped noise!!)

I had always considered setting up a quick cam in the window of my old place....just taping everything that heppens. new computers have SO much drive space, and quickcam footage is relatively small.... you could probably fit a couple of days of footage. Or, just have it snap a pic every second, or .5 seconds... way smaller than 16fps and you can still see what's going on.

Just an idea--- those cams are SO cheap now.

Vandals are usually just thieves who couldn't find anything to steal.

-Wayne

chuck russo va /

hey gordy u should buy a long seat from mopedwarehouse, i have one and its great...pretty cheap too, i think it was 40 bucks

Wayne,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah check out the attatchment, they also tried to cut the brake cable, and pull out the spark plug...

I took it over to the police station and they filed a report..

I'll get the bastard.

Gordy

Im001391.jpg

i haven't had my seat slashed (thank god!) but others have. simon had his slashed by some punk kid named rico. we tracked him down and sent his ass to juvenile prison (he was wanted for other things as well). he slashed simon's seat in retaliation for having been arrested by moped army members about 2 days prior for stealing bicycles around our neighborhood.

we've had our share of scuffles w/ young vandals in kalamazoo. but there's strength in numbers. we now own the daylight in the vine neighborhood ... it goes back and forth for the nightime. riding is no problem, but leaving bikes in sight over night can sometimes lead to touble. that's why we try to bring the wratch of god on their little punk kid shoulders.

speaking of which, this week i have three court dates for moped-stealing related crimes. the backlog is slowly moving forward!

Gordy,

you have faith in the human spirit-- that's admirable and rare. I picture you looking at the seat--- trying to explain it ANY way possible--- other than someone who is just plain rotten.

"could it have been the cold??"

a classic line.

Don't lose the faith-- there ARE plenty of good people around--- You're one of em!

Small consolation, but when the punk who cut your seat is 30 or 35, he'll either be locked up or living a rotten, pathetic life. What you do to others does come back on you...eventually.

-Wayne

Jake Rutter /

im in upstate ny and my seat split from the cold, or maybe it was a really strong fart its hard to tell haha, i just put some duct tape on it

duct tape works on everything

Chris MWH /

Ouch that is not from the cold. If needed we have new standard seats like the one you have, Chopper seats, and long seats all with the puch name on the back.

Chris MWH

david f martin /

Gordy, unless your bike is LEAKING gas, or maybe you live in an Airstream camper and you have a bad habit of dozing off with a lit cigarette, your bike isn't that much of a fire hazard, in my opinion.

I'd keep it inside.

david

chuck russo va /

the long seats are sweet chris, pretty comfy too.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna have to check out those long seats!

Gordy

Andrew Squiggman /

hit up the Buy/Sell forum

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

I would put it inside! Next time they might try to destroy it. Put it on a piece of plywood about a foot wide and the length of the bike incase anything leaks.

Hopefully he has figured it out by now, post from 2002.....

Overpriced Parts /

I had my magnum seat get a 6 inch slash in it in at a grocery store at around the same time 14 years ago, I wonder if it was the same person

Simon Belmont /

You can use Gorila Tape it's much stronger then regular duct tape and it's black in color so it matches the rest of the seat, you can also try stitching the seat with needle/thread and then cover it with cloth material from spare/broken umbrella and stitch it in place below the seat, but yeah for the future reference it's best to keep web-cam pointed at your moped if possible, also cover your ped with rain cover overnight and setup an alarm so when someone attempts to take the cover off alarm would activate.

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

LMAO!!!

14-(F o u r t e e n) year old T H R E A D . . . .

Bobby Selby Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> 14-(F o u r t e e n) year old T H R E A D . . . .

Some riders here even born yet

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account