2nd Puch AllState Scooter Purchase

Okay, so I now own 2 of these. Anybody know where I can get parts for them? This one needs a piston and side conver as well as some other parts I am sure. I really am not sure of the year of this one. Is there a site for determining the date of these scooters online anywhere? I really appreciate any help.

Joe

1224037495_3f3c_3.jpg

Re: 2nd Puch AllState Scooter Purchase

Heres a pic of the other side.

1224037575_55a3_3.jpg

Here is a pic of my 1965 Puch Sears AllState.

1224037650_4bfa_3.jpg

cooool. how much? whats the top speed/tuneablity of those things?

throw a kit on that bitch

Damn, how's the ped/scoot market in Vermont? I've got a ton of family out there. Grew up in Randolph.

I dono where you can get parts for those, or if anything on them is close to the moped style allstate.

What I do know is that I'd give my left nut for a running one.

Dave,

I had one of those before, got parts on ebay. I remember some collector in Carolina having a garage full o parts. Those do around 50mph with the three speed manual shift on the handlebars. Nice machines, best of luck with them.

Another one!

Okay, I'm pretty sure that someone mentioned Motor West when you posted about the first one of these that you got. They have old Puch parts - mostly for MoPeds and twingle-engined bikes - but they probably have engine parts for yours.

The date is famously hard to determine. These are catalogue bikes - they were sold in the Sears catalogue and on the Sears sales floor. If a bike didn't sell one year, they just sold it the next; the dates on the titles mean very little.

The up-side is that they sold the same bikes for years and years - most of the time you can just purchase a part for the right model without worrying about the year.

P.S. - If you call Motor West, ask Matt if these scooters use the same engine as anything else (the Sabre, perhaps).

2nd Puch AllState Scooter Purchase

Awesome. I just purchased one on Ebay that I have to go and pick up. I have one project Compact and another one that runs but needs some fine-tuning and a muffler, plus the one I just bought, which is minty clean. I'll probably sell off the other ones now that I have one nice one. They are a hoot to drive.

Really don't know about the ped/scoot market here as of yet. I am just starting to acquire some of each as I am getting ready for projects to work on this winter. The red and white one runs the other does not and needs parts.

Joe

Please email me the info of the guy in Carolina with the parts!

Thanks

Joe

Will contact Matt tomorrow. THANK YOU

Email me with what you are interested in selling. I definately am gonna need parts.

Joe

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account