i just got a 77 tomos....

can you guys send me some pictures of what you did to your tomos step throughs so i can get ideas?

Re: i just got a 77 tomos....

no.

haha wow....do get your shits and giggles of that shit? hahahahahaha

seeing as my 77 bullet seized on me... you should do this to it!

they are just goofing dude. the thing is a lot of people have that ped, and there are thousands of threads about that ped with custom jobs and tons of pictures. each section of this site has a search function and there is a photo section as well. i highly recommend you check them out!

Yeah I mean the trouble with the a3 tomos is that it is a small antique little guy. you gotta treat it well. I wouldn't put a kit on it. they are hard to find and not as durable as the later a35 variants. I'd get a bullet exhaust, 16/16 dellorto, larger intake, 27th/20th gearing, up jet, cafe style bars. get the chrome to shine. check the case for leaks.

My a3 Bullet blew both my piston rings at once. chewed up the piston and the pieces of the rings got all jammed up in the crank case causing it to lock up. BUT, Tye and I got it to back pedal today after some TLC involving some carb cleaner and an air compressor.(oh my)

Main thing with the a3s is to check for the dreaded crank case leak. Replace all the gaskets. If you want you can throw an a35 top end on and it will go faster. I'm putting an a35 top end on mine tomorrow. I'll post pictures and let you know the outcome of the mod.

There are bunch of things you can do. But I would try and make it fast at 50ccs with some fine tuning and new carb. I know I keep repeating my self but this ped is 30 years old. Keep it looking classic, but get it running like a beast.

Here is my '79 Silver Bullet, completely stock, and what a beauty it is....

1223911239_tomos.jpg

heres my 85 bullet A-3 ported out the intake and exhaust manifold ,13/13 dellorto carb, custom intake, 27f/22r gearing,doing 38 mphs right now but i have an air leak in my head i'v been waiting fro 2 weeks for 4 head bolts from 77mopeds,but what ever, also a bi-turbo exhaust. i hope to be doin about 45 when i fix the massive leak.. oh i also had to put some more heaver duty bolts to hold my rear sprocket on, i think they were 3/8 in went to 1/2 in..

1223915592_back_002.jpg

can i just put a new tomos motor on it? how much would that be? is it worth it?

you can bolt up an 1-35 of 55 there alot eaiser to find shit for,and a little faster, but i like my A-3 cause its stock, and faster then it should be, i put alot of time in to my head and base porting and porting it to where its almost perfect.. custom intake for better flow bigger carb(my next one is a 15/15 sha....

A-35****

how fast does it go? what should i get to improve the mopeds engine so that i dont buy a replacement and then have to get another one to replace it for more power

i think shes doing at 40 right now i need to up-jet but i need to buy them first. i got my pipe from 1977mopeds.com and alot of other tihngs from there also. and the mopedjunkyard.com i got some stuff to. i would go for a bigger carb, and a new exhaust pipe, port out the intake and exhaust manifold, chang your gearing, become more areo dynamic.. some drop bars, oh and the most important are some good tires i have a huttchinson GP1 16x2.50 on the back and a sava race tire 16x2.25 in the front makes for great traction..

what do you think about the two piece bi turbo?

that's what i have works for me. hasent fallen apart yet but when it dose i'm just going to use some bigger rivits..

i have done it before....

BTW is that a spree or an 88-90 SB elite?

i might be getting one this winter, whats the performance different?

Did you get that ped out in Ojai? Good deal. I almost went out from Long Beach for that. Good ped. Post some pics. For quick easy power get a new exhaust. Dont get a bi-turbo. Either the techno estoril (low to mid range) or the techno bullet(high end). Both are better and cheaper then bi-turbo. YOU WILL NEED TO UPJET! Also get a high flow air filter. After you get the motor dialed in start playing with you gearing. Still not fast enough take the motor apart and whore it out. Still to slow get a kit. Then whore that out for all its worth. There are a million thing to do to that ped. Search first then ask. Buy parts from TreatsHQ or any of the other shops you will see on here. good luck

ya its the one from ojai. he didnt post all of the stuff its missing but oh well

bump

For 75 you still came up

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account