Moktoberfest '08 - Oct 24th-26th - St. Louis, MO!

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

I.R.E. announces our first annual Moktoberfest. You're all welcome to come to Fort Hinrichs for a weekend of riding, debauchery, urban camping, and _beer_.

FRIDAY

Night Rides, Mayhem, Beer from Schlafly break>

SATURDAY

Long Ride, More Mayhem, Lunch Out, 3 kinds of home-brewed I.R.E. beer

SUNDAY

Hangover nursing, Speed Trials, Pack Up, Leftover Beer Drinking?

Re: Moktoberfest '08 - Oct 24th-26th - St. Louis,

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Also, feel free to contact me with any questions and junk. E-mail is in my profile.

Tents will be provided, and a tent city will be ready for yous to take over when you arrive. All you've got to do is pick a tent when you show up.

Bonfires will be had each night. The AMF roast will be Saturday night.

I.R.E. is not responsible for any children conceived after a drunken night in the provided tents.

Man I wish this was in Springfield so I could go there from Fayetteville AR. I will make it to one someday I guess.

ezbngreen IRE /

bump, bump

Geez, looks like you guys have been eating bowls of fancy for breakfast. Bowls of fancy with a side of toasted organization, all served with our choice of fun... and beer :)

No, really, this sounds like a blast, and I'm totally jealous of everyone who can come. Please excuse me while I go find a corner to sulk in.

ahem... Linda, you're totally jealous of everyone who can _go_.

OH YEAH YOU SEE THAT EVERYONE? I JUST BUSTED LINDA FOR BAD GRAMMAR! BOOYAH!

I yieeld too you're awsome grammer skillz.

already???

a grammer debate?

What's this "AMF Roast"? Will it be like a Dean Martin Celebrity Roast, AMF Roadmaster at the head of a big table full of old drunk Jewish celebrities who razz on it for an hour?

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

It'll be more like a big bonfire that we throw a dead AMF into. If only Deano were still alive...we would have a proper AMF roast. But we will have to make due with what we've got.

Also, Linda got pwned.

milwaukeedave /

il take the amf``

WOw , wish I could go. I lived at 645 east pope st. near the wonder bread factory on the east side. I worked in gaslight square and had to take 2 busses through the hood to get to work.

Stacy and I have been friends since childhood. He is one of my best friends. Before I went into the army Stacy and I hitchhiked around the country. Most of the time with little or no money. We made it down to FLA in the Ft. Lauderdale area. We both got jobs working in construction. We got an apartment in Margate FLA. I already knew people in North Lauderdale and Coral Springs from living down there with my father for a year when I was 14 to 15 years old. The apartment was great. We never locked the door. When Stacy and I came home from work there was always a 3 or 4 girls there keeping the apartment clean and cooking for us and a few other things :). We really appreciated that. We met these two older hippie dudes that always had wild parties. We became friends. When the two hippie dudes , Mike and Eddy got thrown out of the apartment for having to many wild parties, we let them move in with us. It wasn't but only a week later that we decided to head up To St. Louis where Mike and Eddy where born raised and lived before moving to FLA. We decided to have a race hitchhiking up to St. Louis. Stacy went with Mike, I went with Eddy. It took Eddy and only 72 hours to get there. It took Stacy and Mike 4 days. Thats How I ended up in St. Louis.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Themopedguys, way I figure it, you've got 296 hours before the rally gets into action. You're in CT, and I'm guessing about a 20 hour drive straight through (I know from here to my parents in upstate NY is 17 hours). You've got more than enough time to hitch your way here. Might be harder to hitch with a moped, but truckers could get you. We've got a trucker friend who brings us mopeds from all over and just straps them to the catwalk behind his cab.

Do it! Time's a wastin'.

I would pack the bike in the car a be there in a flash but I have to be in court the 28. Its cutting it to close.

Just dont show, or have someone go for you and postpone

I do it all the time, they just want your money, not you!

Im not playing around with that. I will get it done and over with. I dont like to have things like that hanging over my head when I can finish them off the 28th. I have to get out there soon. I have friends that still live out there that I havent seen in years. The people in St. Louis where fun, wild and good to Stacy and I. We both enjoyed our stay there.

It's like I always say: "Why put off today what you can finish on the 28th of any month?"

uhm got a beer?

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Also, costumes are welcome since we're right before halloween. A swarm gets a lot of attention. A swarm in costume gets lots more.

1223999452_mopedhalloween.jpg

What a hoot.

The funny part is that, that is how mike always dresses. He thinks he is some sort of general or something. just jokin mike

I saw your MB5, you gonna fix that thing or just let it sit in Marks garage?

Soooooo, where is the costume?

I dont notice anything different?

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Tom is wearing his bush costume in that pic. That's what I was talking about. It's a good costume. Looks just like a bush.

MB5 is going to sit in Mark's garage. I'll get to it someday. I have like 5 moped projects in mind before I get there though.

You should sell it to me. I promis I'll fix it and let you ride it...

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Kevin, I might consider that. E-mail me.

Rabble rabble rally rally rally!

Ohh and mike, dressing like that is cool. At least your not wearing your G/f jeans. There was a sign outside of choke that said that, I thought it was funny.

Moktoberfest '08 - Oct 24th-26th - St. Louis, MO!

Wait, what? I thought that your rally was scheduled for November 9th? I'd come but I can't make it on this weekend. Bummer.

Hey, anyone from KC area going that would be willing to pick up an Allstate Compact for me in Pinckneyville, IL? I'd pay for your time. $100 bucks or so? I'm just really trying to save myself from driving all that way if someone else is already going there. Let me know if you're willing to help out. Thanks.

Looking forward to riding with the IRE guys.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

I _was_ scheduled for the 7th through 9th, but there are two other rallies that weekend (one just 4 hours east of here). So, in an effort to not step on any other rally planners' toes, and to get the best attendance, we had to move it up.

Yar.

I wish I could go. I'll just say I showed up a week early to take some stuff out of Marks garage. The IRE people are really cool and I hope that everyone really considers going, if not for the cool people and peds, at least for the beer :)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account