How do I find a Puch 2-Sp hand shifter?

Anyone have any info on these? Where to find one? How tuff are they? How much do they go for?

Re: How do I find a Puch 2-Sp hand shifter?

is it a different than the 1sp? wanna go for a ride tomorrow or sunday? i'm moving on monday. i got pulled over the other day also.

hey asshole did you get my email? yeah im down for a ride fo sho. maybe sunday. hit me up on my cell! we need to go riiiiide. that sucks youre moving!

anyways, its a 2sp with a manual shift. i think it looks a bit like the ZA50. but i bet its tuffer, maybe easier to pull apart too. plus no one has them.

ive had one. pretty cool. they come in kickstart and pedal start. look like a za50 but are much more square and have a different clutch cover.

only place to find them is europe. netherlands has them the cheapest. i bought mine off puchforum.net

Where did you find yours Harold? Do they have a letter/number designation like the e50 & za50??

frokm a guy on www.puchforum.net they are pretty cool on that site. and yeah its called a z50. no "a" just z50

WHat was your assessment of the motor? Strong? Good candidate for performace? Any tips you can give me when looking for a good motor?

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

not made for USA since automatics are usually required by most states. Europe (try various Ebays) and a lot of them in Taiwan and Korea

I had a Sachs 2 speed manual on a Taiwan bike..pissah!

Actually they were made for the US, back in the 50's and 60's.

Mine has 2 speed handshifters. You need a good set-up for the cables.

1958 Puch Allstate (MV50)

yeah, i think those have a different bolt pattern though deezy.

different bolt pattern and stroke on the older ones.

they are pretty strong motors. good for a simple kit, nothing crazy though because if you fuck up the internals good luck finding the parts anytime fast. you can find them at specialty shops like rinkytoys.nl but they are pricey.

tips would be low miles. other than that nothing crazy about them. also try and find one with a COMPLETE shifter. its hard to find new hand shifters for that motor, and setting the cable length is a BITCH. you want one that came off a bike running with shifter and cables

hahaa. I agree. Setting thelengths can be a nightmare. I had to build my own new cables this summer, although Motor West, Inc. does sell them for mine.

John Joedicke /

I got a 2 speed shifter from the Mopedjunkyard. New condition. Just got to ask.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

After around 1970 they stopped sending manual shifs but kept making them for the other world markets. My Sachs was a 1981 with manual 2 speed. Clutch was on the handlebars and twist shift on the same assembly. Back for first, neutral in the middle, forward for second.

Why did I sell it? Why why why why??? (kicking own ass)

Tyler Jacobson /

i have a puch z50 came with the shifter. i bought it from austria. it was realtively cheap. i had problems finding the engine once it was here in the states. ended up paying storage fees at the shipping warehouse. that sucked. im looking to built it with a metra 50. i have seen shifter for sale @ jarno's puch shop. peep ebay.de

i have a casal trike im looking to sell with a 2 speed manual trans. i will sell just the engine too if anyone is interested. a few photos of the z50 in my profile

a forum post here

Thanks guys for all the good info. Wow. This is why I love MA.

So the clutch is on the handlebars, but you also have to twist the grip? Do you need to pull the clutch to shift gears or is it more of a shifter cart type transmission?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account