Mopedwarhouse engine

Let's see if this in-line picture thing works...

Here is the new engine that Chris just built for me for my Magnum. It's a 1 speed with the Polini 64cc kit, hi performance crank, new bearings and Proma exhaust. I'll let y'all know how she runs soon.

http://members.aol.com/tabpat/pucheng.jpg

Re: Mopedwarhouse engine

Im sure ull be pleaseed :). I installed that engine on my magnum xk to tune it and make sure everything was good for Chris. Ran GREAT, nice low end, NO vibration, and goes ~45 with a 15-40 sproket combo.

Cool! Now my dream will be complete. I'll have a fast moped AND a working quadraphonic stereo system complete with decoders/demodulators and a kick-ass quad 8-track player. It's only taken 25 years!!!

BTW..how do you display these pictures without having to click on something? Is there a special code? I remember reading about it, but can't find it on a search.

WOW that exhaust is crazy looking, cool

How much did it cost you to have Chris put it all together?

Well, it was a lot. I bought the engine online and it was in bad shape. He said it looked like it was sitting in water. He tore it apart and put in new seals, bearings, and a crank. I think he machined the block for the new ports... Add to that the cost of the kit, exhaust, new carb, new clutch cable. It was around $600.00, but the labor wasn't too bad. I mean, the kit with a crank and the exhuast/carb was pushing near $450.00...then the cables andsome misc parts and shipping.

Hey!

I know Chris, and I have no doubt you will have a kick-ass bike!

And Tab, that engine was definately driven in Wayne NJ, where I live :)

Took a grand tour on it to break it in, went past valley rd, around preekness ave, back towards pearlmutters all teh way down hamburg Tpk to Terhune Dr. do You still know where all those roads are :)

Absolutely! Did you stop at Vinnie's Pizzarama on the way? I need to get up there again. This year is my 20th HS reunion, but I have to miss it. They put it right on Thanksgiving weekend!

I had time to mout the engine to the bike tonight. I have some wiring issues and I bunged up the clutch cable a little. Not much more to do!

I want to find out if anyone can get me a performance Exhuast pipe for my casal... 1978 metalurgia Casal

same as a 1978 Zundapp gt50(or pretty damn close)

(casal use Zundapp made engines and are prety much clones)

I also want to know if i could add anouther gear to my transmision... it is a two speed manual shift...

Or if thats not possible maybe buying a 3 or 4 speed gear box.

Preferably adding an extra gear

I think you will be happy with your purchase. A total package like that is great, and you basically have a brand new motor there. Try to get one today for that!

http://members.aol.com/tabpat/engine.jpg

OK, I have it mounted and running (see picture). I think I have some minor rejetting to do, but here is my opinion. Keep in mind, I'm a 215 pound adult. My gearing is a 16 front and 40 rear.

From 0 to 15 or so, there really is no difference from my old 2 speed, so I really lost nothing with a 1 speed. From 15 to twenty five, the pick up is really nice. Then you hit 30...from this speed on, if you give it any more than 1/4 throttle, you can literally feel the front end of the bike lift up. It's a bit of an odd feeling for a moped. It sets into a nice groove at 40, but again you are going really light on the throttle. I'm not sure where it goes from there because my speedometer is pegged back at zero. I'm sure if I went to the next smaller sprocket on the back and the next larger on the front, 50mph is easily obtainable. However, the bike is really starting to feel overdriven. I think it's time to upgrade the brakes and tires before I push it any further. The only downside is that the Proma exhaust is very loud. It sounds every bit like a raspy dirtbike and you'll never be able to sneak up on anything. This being said, the gains are almost too good to be true.

Tab

I had the same feeling when I ran my Puch after putting on the Eurocilindro kit I have. Damned thing feels like it is comming up in the front.

Is your pipe running really hot?

No...nothing unusual. Everything feels normal temperature wise. I just can't believe how good everything fits!

My biTurbo is super hot. I haven't run it long though, so it may be running super rich.

My old eurokit ran very hot. You could feel the heat from a couple feet away...plus the cooling fins darkened quickly.

find a RM80 suzuki online some where and part out the front end. '97 and newer are disk with a moped size 17" rim. put a street tire on it and get a harley shop to take about 4" of length out of the forks so it sets level, would kill 2 birds with one stone. looks kewl as Eskimo shit too...

Could be because the Proma has a huge expansion chamber right off the pipe, plus it is mounted up front, which is really good for the cooling.

I bet it would, but that sounds like too much work! I like the stock look, too. It's fun like a roller coaster.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account