Honda mini bush bikes (pics)

Well remember how I was talking about getting the honda ct70 and a jawa? No? well turns out the jawa was in a condition beyond my skill for repair, but the guy only charged me half for the ct70 and threw in a second non-running one for parts free! I haven't started the running one yet cause the guy is looking for the key currently(If he doesn't find It I'll just hotwire it). But to the point the guy said that fluid leaked out of the resevoir tank valve(on the carb?) because of a gasket or something, anyone know what to do? Here's many pics by the way, including the carb off the the non- running bike. phew. By the way this is my first bike and I'm a newb.

Both.

Non-running

Running

And carb

Re: Honda mini bush bikes (pics)

Oh god, the url's didn't work?

Apparently.

I had a ct70 for 10 years or so.

I rode it to hell and back, and it NEVER died on me once.

good to know they're hell-resistant other Ian :D

did that work btw

Both

Non-running

The closer one looks weird, Like it had aftermarket work done to it.

The wheels look thinner than normal, and its got cool frame bars that go under the engine, and a different swingarm.

you can get lots of parts for them from almost anywhere, and your local honda dealer can order some things for you.

I had my stock 81' doing 51mph gps.

running

Carb

What kind of douche posts so much on his on Topic? me, thats who.

Awesome, I plan to get atleast one of these badboys doing that soon.

If you are talking about the carb bowl over flowing, two things can be wrong. Either the float is stuck/damaged or the gasket around the bowl has dried out and it is running out of there. In any case, remove the bowl and clean the bottom of it inside. There will most certainly be residue from old gas in there you dont need to suck through the jets upon starting it the first time. I would go to the Honda shop and buy a rebuild kit that contains a new gasket and o-rings for the mixture screw etc. It is about $20 and a good investment. Take the bowl off first and inspect the float to see if it is damaged. It will most likely be fine. Put it back together and see if it leaks. If it still does, it may be an adjustment on the tab that pushes the fuel shut off brass stopper into the fuel intake. You will see how it works when you see the inside workings of the float.

In any case, nice pick up! I like the newer parts bike with the larger wheels. You may even want to see if the bigger wheels fit on your rider. They will smooth out the ride a bit.

It's really easy. Just clean it up and make sure the gaskets are all okay.

THey make TONS of aftermarket kits for them.

Thanks for the repair advice, and good idea on the tires!

haha, great. Its a relief to know this is a common, easy problem.

Oh, Question. Did you get your Honda licensed, and was it a difficult process?

a 70cc honda willbe considered a motorcycle in most states, be aware of that, but it can be done consult you local dmv for liscencing info. Best of luck!

Yeah, Its considered a motorcycle here in British Columbia, but being able to ride a moped pretty much requires the same license as a motorcycle here anyways.

i registered my passport (same motor) as a moped in MI but it doesn't run so idk how the cops feel about it yet.

A Beautiful one in my area... wish i had the money.

it has a 125cc swap.

hey, that non-running one is a ST90, not a CT70 and one of my most wanted bikes of all time. you did well dude. if i were you i'd throw the CT70 engine on the ST90 frame. ST90's are one of the coolest looking bikes i've ever seen.

PS: you are GUARANTEED to hate the CT70 handlebars. reason number two to put that engine on the ST90 frame.

Steve Williams /

i was wondering how many times you have fallen over that drainpipe that sticks out onto your lawn!

I knew it wasnt a ct. Looks almost like the mid 60's 50s that won the world championship 50cc plate. But a bit more heavy duty looking.

yo I was riding around the block today. and I talked to some 8 year old kid that was riding one of these around.

Ian, you will find that the 70 engine will not be a direct bolt in to the ST90 frame. The 90 had a larger engine block than the 70. The many brands of Chinese engines out on the market now that are clones of these Honda engines use the smaller 70 size engine block on displacements up to 140cc and possibly more now. Engine mount adapter kits are available to bolt these engines into the larger 90 style frame mounts. Thus you could buy these engine mount brackets if you chose to mount your 70 engine in the ST90.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account