OT:what to expect when your expecting?

any one got some insight for a soon to be father?

Re: OT:what to expect when your expecting?

Sissy is preg. ?

Be very nice to her she is going to be even crazyer than normal.

lol yea, i know that much

Get rid of some of your dogs man.

develop a new social hobby that you can enjoy without having to leave the house. babysitters are expensive. you'll still have plenty of time, during your baby's naps, to work on your 'ped, but even now (and my son's 10) it's hard to justify being away from the family too much for rides and rallies. i started homebrewing when my son was born- all my friends who didn't have kids would come over to my place to brew with me and "sample" the product instead of going out. it allowed me to keep my social life alive without finding new friends.

other than that, i suggest you bank as much time sleeping between now and the due date as you possibly can. you'll need to get ahead of the game.... finish any outstanding home improvement projects before the baby's born. brace yourself for an exciting, but complete life change starting now!

start getting the baby's room ready. Good thing you just bought a house.

thanks aaron,i guess this means that i will be working on my peds alot more when i'm not at work,

we got to wait for dixe to get done w/ her puppies, befor we get the room together.

It will be great dude, Now worries you are already home alot you have a good hobby working on your peds, and I will alway's hang with ya

take lots of pictures, they grow like weeds! also, I usually give my one and a half year old daughter a rubber mallet to play with when im working on peds, otherwise nuts and bolts turn up missing.

Don't sweat it! I've done a year and a half of stay at home dad and it's been great! Aaron's right nap time=wrench time. Also check out baby carriers, some of the wrap style ones are really comfy. I've also saved a lot of money with cloth diapers. You can get really nice ones that Velcro on and are super absorbent, you just chuck 'em in the wash when you're done.

yeah, and before you know it (seriously, they do grow like weeds) you'll have an extra set of (useful) hands in the shop. my son absolutely loves wrenching on mopeds. together we broke down a 'ped i was parting out in less than an hour- he was so proud of himself. he's already got plans for turning his chopper bicycle into a moped...even if he's five years from being legal! kids are awesome. they'll make you fall in love with toys and with playing in general all over again (and we all need to play more, seriously). i've probably played with legos as much in the past five years as i did when i was a kid!

you should expect a baby.

arent you fucking cute adam!

Cloth diapers, bro. Go with the BumGenius 3.0 I am not even kidding.

and don't let him watch Dora the Explorer. That shit teaches kids Spanglish.

Edward Richardson /

This is the owners manual, study it thoroughly to avoid voiding the warranty. Seriously, things will happen that freak you out and this book does a good job of covering the subject.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0894805770/

my wife is spanish

hey I'm not against Spanish, I'm against _Spanglish_. Dora may be teaching kids Spanish words, but they're just peppered in mindlessly. If you start a sentence in English, finish it in English. Same for Spanish or French or Mandarin. Teach your kids languages, but teach them the importance of _communication_ too. You don't want your kids to go around rambling incoherently like Ricky Ricardo.

Good point

What are you hablandoing about? Spanglish is increible. Me parece muy useful. Spanglish is palabras en dos languages, all mezclado together. Que awesome!

LOL 'zactly.

Tie wraps can be used to attatch baby's car seat to back of ped.

expect the best and prepare for the worst.

the following info is from a teenager who has an asshole of a dad.

never choose something over your child... at an early age they preseve it as the activity (work, football, solitare, baseball ect.) is more important.

always pay attention when they talk. nothing pisses me off when i say something and i get a blank ok or oh isnt that nice without even a look at me or the object i am talking about

eat dinner at the table at a certain time.

when they are at sleep overs bang the shit out of wifey

communicate. dont agrue in from of the kid... especially infront of the kids friends.

ok... good luck

hope its a cute girl so i can get her number as soon as she has a cell phone

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account