anyone know where these bolts go?

i've been trying to figure these out, i emailed 1977 but some reason the answer image couldn't get through transit.

TIA

1223599161_image_658_medium.jpg

Re: anyone know where these bolts go?

They are the 5 long case bolts for your E50, they hold your engine cases together 4 around the crank and one somewhere else.

A random picture of bolts is going to be really hard to identify. But guessing by the length and the fact that they have allen keyed heads I would guess they are for the brace that holds handle bars on. Dont know why you would have more than 4.

Or they could be the case bolts for the lower end of some mystery engine...

More info on what you ordered may be helpful

there you go, that makes sense, would have been easier to answer if you said "I bought a bunch of stuff for a puch.... " luckily people on this forum are amazing.

Man thanks Alot Responsible Jon!

now i know why i couldn't figure out where they go, as i haven't popped open the case yet. thanks again!

@MadisonMed, i had thought the same thing about them being for the handlebar mounts. i really need to find some of them!

seems my local hardware stores don't carry 7MM at all.

er i mean m7's

Ace is the place. I just bought some there the other day, had a bunch, even hardened ones. Not sure if their inventory is the same nationwide, but try that.

definetly going to try Ace, seems some bolt suppliers on the web don't carry m7's at all.

Yeah I definitely got it at ace, I dont think it will be allen head, you may have to live with a hex head.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account