OT: New Project (Not Moped)

A 1974 KZ400:

Just finished her last night.

When I got her.

Re: OT: New Project (Not Moped)

I like it, cool color too. Whats the deal with the tires though? Cafe-scrambler?

Don't have money to swap 'em out. Will do soon though. Damn motorcycle tires. $180 + $90 to have them swapped out and balanced. Moped stuff is so cheap.

that looks awesome man. a world of difference. good job!

whats up with the tape on the pipe?

The headers were all messed up so I wrapped them in a fiberglass wrap they use on motorcycles sometimes. Kinda liked the look and cheaper than new pipes. Still like $50 though.

Bad Ass!!

Zack Rineer /

VERY nice man!

I want that thing :).

lol "tape on pipes". its called exhaust wrap.

nice work. how much did the project cost if you dont mind my asking?

ive been wanting to build a 200cc cafe racer for a couple years... i was looking at cb's.

Basically got the bike for free but it would have been around $600 plus about $250 in parts. I saved a lot of money by doing everything myself (paint, upholstery, etc).

But it's how I supplement my income so it should be a good money maker.

You supplement your income by riding awesome motorbikes around? Sucks to be you...

Header wrap can be hit or miss, but it works perfectly here. Your bike kind of reminds me of a boxer - the punching kind, not the dog or BMW kind.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

The choice of colors, the seat and the exhaust wrap give it a cool vintage look. Good job! I hope it goes to a good home.

porsche boxer?

milwaukeedave /

awesome! i want to see a pic when you do get new tires. how does she run? great work!

Nice KZ im trying to finish my cb400 myself. Need to get rid of that bulky seat and try and find a deal on a 2 > 1 pipe and ill be happy. I like the clasps you have on the butt stop does it open up to give access to storage/battery/beer stash.

1223657695_cb400t.jpg

Nice man, I like it.

Seats are pretty easy to work with. You may not need to replace it just take the cover off cut the foam down a bit (I use a turkey carver I got from a thriftstore for like $3, it works perfect) and recover it. Also fiberglass is pretty easy to work with if you want to do a bump for the back.

i have two kz400s in my garage.

they arent mine though.

looks awesome. i love the low bars, mirrors, and the tape.

sweet bike man. color, seat, and bars are all awesome.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account