Whats your favorite brand?

mopedmaniaclt /

Hey im looking at peoples opinions on favorite brand moped and why?

Re: Whats your favorite brand?

SlowPeder /

LT if your that bored email me, i've found some webpages for you... but to answer your question TOMOS but we allready been through this once tonight.... LOL

mopedmaniaclt /

haha i am

Im trying to check out pics of differt brand mopeds

Dan Webber Kastner /

Anything with a Minarelli engine: Cimmatti, Carabela, Milani, Bianci, Concorde, Motron, Easy Rider, General, and Testi. i am sure there are more, but i would take any of these bikes in second. Sachs is my number two choice. What i really like about the minarelli is its reliabilty, customability, Availability of parts, and simplicity. And since its italian, you will find it on really styley bikes. Sachs is a close second, with all the same traits, except the body style of the bikes are usually inferior asthetically. There are exceptions to that though. You probably can't go wrong with either Sachs or Minarelli though. Puch is my third choice.

dan

swarm

so far Tomos has the nod for me. will see what my Cosmo is like soon though (not soon enough) ...

I'd have to say Tomos.

They have a myriad of minor flaws (such as where the friggin carb is placed) that make them quite difficult to work on, but once you get good at it, and GET one in solid well-tuned running shape - the damn things are invincible.

The common availability of parts is a nice touch too.

Puch gets a runner-up here tho, they build a damn tough 'ped themselves, which is a mite simpler to work on, but harder to get parts for.

-T

I like Sachs- mainly because that's what I have the most experience with. If anything I think they are too simple. Plus a lot of stuff will work with them if you have the patience to try.

I would say Puchs are the easiest overall, so they are my first choice. I like vespa mopeds too, well I like my Grande, but I don't know much about the other models.

Chris MWH /

Derbi TT variant 79 -84 vintage. And Peugeot TSM. One ride and you will know why.

Chris MWH

Chris...

How are the new Derbi variants? Ever ride one?

The engine came yesterday, BTW... Now I have to find the time to put it on!

Tab

Tomos---

Reliable, small mods = big results.

cool styling, one of the few high quality new mopeds.

If I was buying an older moped-- I think I'd be looking for a Grande (vespa)

InfectedBootSector /

I have to say Puch here... hands down. They are tough as nails, and easy as hell to fix.

Chris MWH /

Tab,

The new Derbis are real nice. The quality of all of the components can not be compared to any other moped made period. Unfortunately they are not legal here in NJ (no pedals).

If you get the chance to ride one I suggest you do. They have the best torque and top speed of any out there.

Now get that magnum together.

Chris MWH

i like HONDA and TOMOS

Yamaha Zuma, Derbi, Puch and Tomos tied for third. The Zuma is just fast, reliable, and handles like a motorcycle, Derbis are plain ol' fast, and easily modified, Puch is rock solid reliable, and Tomos is a little from reliable, and a little from the fast column.

I like Zundapp and Casal's ofcourse becuase I own one.. but they are rock solid bikes and tehy ahve a nice look and feel to them.

I just like em... I think I would like a puch if i ever was to get one.. they seem like could easily be my 2nd favorite even over peugeots.

i agree. minarelli is where it's at. that's my first choice. garelli would be my second choice. followed by vespa. after that, sachs. then puch. finally, everything else.

reasoning: minarelli is single chain (simplicity). the carb is right out front (easy access). the dellorto carb has less parts (simplicity). the electrical system has only four wires (simplicity). it's easy to customize and add performance parts. also, the minarelli has a nice touch, the flywheel cover has a fan bulit in. oh, and the minarelli mopeds look hot.

garelli is also sing chain drive and about the same as minarelli. actually, exactly the same. except that it has a different engine.

the vespa, because it's totally reliable, even if a bit harder to work on. and they're quiet and stylish, too. sachs is also single chain drive, though it's not always as stylish as the italian bikes.

Yeah sachs is the shizznit. I love over simplified german engineering. Few moving parts and a lot of torque. Now if I could figure out how to make 'em breath better.

shizznit? you an east-coaster?

puch--there most reliable and are easy 2 get parts for. there the cadilacc and toyota of cars, and the harleys of motorcycles

You bet you ass

Gosh darned right I am east coast.

You gotta problem wit dat?

The problem is I was taught to speak English unlike most of the surrounding people. I work for a woman who thinks the letter"R" is pronounced "R-ah"

Go figure

Come on down to the "right coast"

Man come on dowen here to th right coast.

You ever been in a machine shop/lab class.... make your own build your own.....

Honda PA50

I like my PA50. If anything goes wrong Fred can talk me through a repair in just a few minutes. Even though he wants to kick my ass now =)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account