Re: Death

Author: dmg (---.cpe.net.cable.roger)

Verified User: dmg

* Date Posted: 10-09-08 00:00

I also read that they don’t offer full-time positions so they don’t need to pay their empoyees benefits of any kind.

I, also also, seen on the news that they force their employees into working UNPAID overtime, if they refused, they were fired. Managers would say the budget is tight and things need to get done blah blah blah.

That ain’t givin’ and they have the cash to give.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Damn now I look like I am in bed with walmart but this first statement is untrue. What you read was bs, they have full time positions from greeters all the way to home office and logistics.

Now, I have not read specific cases about them limiting the number of full time positions but I KNOW they do because all corporations and successful small firms do this, why?,.. because its cheaper. Did you know if you make 10.00 and hour your employer is actually spending around 14.00 for the other half of your insurance, state, and fed taxes that must be paid? If you are full time or if your employer is decent they also have to pay your benefits too.

I know that case you are talking about where the employees where forced by threats to loose there job if they did not work unpaid. That is ridiculous and has gone to court as a class action. That was at an individual store with incompetent managers and is obviously company practice mainly because it is not cost effective to loose lawsuits.

Dean, most corps do more evil than good. Most simply leach off of the consumers and environment around them and do little if nothing to help.

I do see many problems with walmart and many of them can be addressed by compensating employees better while also demanding better skills of them, also providing education to make each unit more valuable to justify the wages. It would sure be nice to have a trained employee understand the features of that 1200.00 flat panel your family is thinking about buying. They can take some take some tips from mom and pops and apply some of techniques that they have used to make there pharmacy good in other departments.

Thrift and fleamarkets are the way to go. Support a local, use something that otherwise would get thrown away, SAVE DOUGH, shave donuts.

What?

Death to walmart except at 2 am when I need a throttle cable and they have that huge pack of bike cables for like 4.97.

Still I hate it so hard.

J

I can go into a wal mart, drink a steven seagal energy drink, which is wal marts secret brainwashing tool. Soon I am buying chuck norris shirts, wrangler jeans, jordache shoes, and wait 55 minutes in line with one person in front of me for some kid with downs to check me out! Yippieeeeeeeee!! Every time I go into a wal-mart, I am immediately engulfed in all the white trash people of the area, theres ginormous 500 lb women riding the amigo carts because their cankles cant support their bodies for more than an aisle or 2, 16 year old zittie kids who havent discovered showers yet buying bb's and matchbox cars, bathrooms always trashed, ect..The wal mart by me here has a McDonalds built into it. You have to go through the wal-mart entrance to get into the McD's. Everything on the dollar menu is jacked up, a double cheeseburger cost $1.69 ooohh that pisses me off! FUCKA WALMART

Nice. I like where this is going.

Author: bk (---.fv.ks.cox.net)

Verified User: bkurbexpress

* Date Posted: 10-09-08 01:05

I know that case you are talking about where the employees where forced by threats to loose there job if they did not work unpaid. That is ridiculous and has gone to court as a class action. That was at an individual store with incompetent managers and is obviously company practice mainly because it is not cost effective to loose lawsuits.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This has happened in numerous stores. Some cases Wal-mart settled before going to court and others they fought. Its false to say that it was just one store.

As for the no full-time positions, I was wrong.. don't always believe what you ready eh? As you mentionned, they do limit the number of full-time positions available. Refer to these links or google regarding that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052502162.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Wal-Mart

must be a different murphy oil than the one i know

i like walmart theres only a few choices of places to get stuff around here other than walmart theres even worse target that just opened this year

i usually just go to big lots or dollar tree or sometimes building 19 ocean state job lots is cool too but not close to me

tractor supply is the best place for hardware but its an hour drive away

BryAn eurism /

Can't say I've seen trashed 'throoms. At the WetMinTa location it is a 24-hour, yet the aisles are clogged at 10 AM on Wedsdays. The McD's sucks there as well, you can't get refills on the soda. BUT: They will deliver food to you while waiting in the 1st and 2nd checkout lanes.

I suspected as much the Hard To Kill drinks were something hinky. My custom is to hit the Rockstar machine outside and drink it halfway by the garden section. By the time I reach the car care aisle I get racked with cramps, usually right as 3 or 4 other people also want to look at spark plugs

they say they'll match prices,.but only carry brands they can get cheapest,,,,,a.e..... try looking for breadcrumbs..ans .they get special tires from goodyear.....only sold at walmart or sam's club.....just a couple example look for brands you usually get elsewhere

Walmart made me racist

WALLMART WHY YOU DO IT TO US?

^ hahahaha

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account