SHIT EATING SACHS!! help me out

ok id post this in moped repair, which i did but i notice you get more responses in this forum then moped repair, so here it is

ok so i put a 70cc athena kit, 19mm dellorto, and a biturbo exhaust on a G3 no last night i went riding and as i hit 48 or 50mph it just wound out and and wouldn't go, so i just assumed it was a clutch problem, but as i took the clutch out everything looked fine. so any advice or suggestions on whats going down would be fucking fantastic....

Re: Dump it. Get a Tomos.

fuck that i love sachs

that's helpful...troll!

john..

ok...your retaining nut is comming off...you need to get a clutch diagram and re assemble.

you have to lay the bike on its side because the donut wobbles if not centered...

use locktite gel red on the nut

also use your shims to get the clutch travel to .2mm

you will have to do this a couple times before you get it

fuck tomos...

Re: SHIT EATING SACHS!! help me out

awesome hopefully this works.

what are you jetted at?

it has nothing to do with jets erin...wrong thread

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Everyone I hear on this forum running a kit seems to wind the sucker out first day to see what it can do. Hasn't anyone heard of a break in?

????

I did my break in and if you read about break ins on the Wiki, you will see 2 sides of the break in phillosphy...some prefer the run the shit out of it method, and some its delicate process...but, Dave, does it really bother you that much...?

What all the Sachs are needing area performance clutches!

I mean really what was ATHENA thinking?

Hellooo ATHENA, we Sachs owners love your kits, but the lcutch is just no count! Can you please invent some performance clutch to go with thoes monster kits?

were all dying out here!

ya dude i broke the fucking kit in like 5 wweeks before, it was the biturbo exhaust that fucked me

damn, i was just curious, but way to prove my point of being a dick, human douchebag.

and you're right, john.. i was going to mention that but didn't want to come off as arrogant. you should probably look into a better exhaust for sure. motomatic makes some nice ones.

make one!

1223516219_sachs_5_clutch.jpg

how can i make one?

get used to the non helpful one liners around here...

you kiss your mother with that mouth?

If you can still start it then its the nut. If you cant start it then its one of the internal gears. Thats what was wrong with my G3 when I got it. You should re gear to. The stock gearing on that bike runs out quick. I put on a 31T sprocket from a stock tomos. Lost a lot of bottom but is quicker and smoother at high RPM. Im putting a tomos 70cc on that bike........ya 2-speed no big dealz

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

It doesn't bother me , but I have tried both ways and always had better longevity with a gentle break in..maybe thet is why just about every manufacturer since the beginning of time has recommended it.

Have you put any thought into customising the clutch? Maybe kevlar clutch surface and a beefier spring?

I've got a G3 with the Athena. Did the same as someone else mentioned, regeared but with a 34 T Tomos sprocket but now would like to go up 1 or 2 teeth on the primary sprocket but can't seem to find one that will work.

Thanks for the pic of the clutch. My clutch troubles have just started.

Any pics of your G3?

Yes but does that work?

Did you use no springs at all?

Let me know, I will give you a beer if you come to our Rally Mike!

Erinl please STFU, thank you

yo, huffypuffy, great input. glad you could help out in the thread.

It's a picture form german ebay- springs yes, in the middle of each fiber plate. The metal plates are thinner.

No ralleys until I get a job. Been unemployed for 2 months- great for working on and destroying moped parts, not good for money.

Yeah I think that thing is bogus...how could it work?

Its always engaged, and the crankshaft is missing the collar that moves it up the arm...

Unless of course its just always engaged...

dont know...

wish the hell I did Id be going 60+ for sure!

ok so i really havnt got to much help from this thread haha, and all im thinking is replacing the clucth, now if someone could break it down step by step on how i should go about customizing shit then that would be awesome...cuz in that picture of the custom clutch it has no doughnut which really makes no sense. btw erin your the bomb diggity. so ya i guess thanks to all who did respond...and more suggestions are helpful but like i said if its not step by step i dont understand it. i have the worst case of ADD and dont have any adderall to calm my ass

i suggest selling/giving me your eagle II and then all your problems will dissolve.

Holy shitter?!

That eagal is sweet and its in your livingrooom!

Never saw one look that good, come to our Rally http://www.mopedstl.com/ and show that shit off, plus it be nice to have a fellow sachs head there...Erin you should come too, Ill give you a six pack as a token of truce....

Sounds like you could use an extra G3...

shit son i got an eagle3 i dont need no g3. its all about the name...

erin - you can have the eagle 2 for free. its in parts and theres no engine but you can have it all, well not for free all i ask is a case of beer. dosnt even have to be a 30 case just a six pack of Bells will safice and actually ill throw in a sachs westlake frame also .... haha so actually none of its free, id give you all my spare sachs shit a westlake frame, eagle 2 frame and rims for a 6 pack of bells and a pack of parliments. you gotta pick it up though....

as for human, ill go if you can give me a place to stay....

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account