Hey Simon...

Would it be possible.....

In the General Forum and Buy/Sell discussion list, might it be possible to link to the Member pages from the Author column?

(I see a lot of posts about group rides, but not knowing where everybody is from, it might be handy to be able to jump right to their member page.)

Just a thought...

SWARM BABY, SWARM!!

stales

Re: Hey Simon...

There already is something in place to do that. If you are logged in when you make a post, then underneath "author" it will say "Verified User: Your Name", which is a link to your member page.

The main problem is that people aren't logging in. Without that, there's no way to tie it in to their account page.

simon

then you should make it so no one can post unless there a member and logged in. just a thought..BILL

InfectedBootSector /

That would block people who are just here on occasion.

I actually set my home page to the login screen, but changed it when I started to lose the posts on the main site...that and it takes up a lot of bandwidth if everyone uses the MA as their start page.

I don't know, other than making the login box more prominent on the screen, is there anything else you could do to make people log in?

I forget to log in about 90% of the time.

keith wallace /

The only way I could think of is to offer a recurring login- it would require a cookie to store your login info and recognize your pc through the ip address and log you in automatically- don't know if that would eat up bandwidth on your server or how to code it though.

keith

kex@ureach.com

see? just as I was posting this I noticed I wasn't logged in! I forgot.

I would put something on that would allow your browser to remember your login. The reason I haven't done this before is because then if someone else uses your computer they will be logged in as you.

Since it seems like people want it, I'll add this remember feature sometime soon. I'll let you know when it happens.

simon

John Purchase /

Ah ha, so that's how that works. Gotcha. Well, I guess I, like so many others, just keep forgetting to log in everytime.

I just logged in, let's see how this one works...

Thanks SK--

stales

John Purchase /

So that's what you were talking about Simon...

Mmm hmm. Makes sense now...

Thanks-

stales

Two new ways to login

There is now an option to have the site remember your login via cookies. Look for the "Remember Me" checkbox when you log in. You will remain logged in until you explicitly logout.

Alternatively, you can create a "login link" through the following syntax:

http://www.mopedarmy.com/login/username/password/

If you create a bookmark with that URL (containing your password of course) you'll be able to log in automatically without using cookies to store your info.

I hope these options help out.

simon

Re: Two new ways to login

John Purchase /

Beautimus Simon...

Thanks

stales

that login thing works great thanks simon

I wanted to expand on the login feature a little more. Unlike some sites, this doesn't actually leave you logged in until you log out. Rather, it logs you back in each time start a new session.

The advantage of this is that if you accidently leave yourself auto-logged in on a machine that you think someone else is accessing and using without your permission, then you can simply change your password, and the auto-login featured will stop working on that machine.

The only downside to this is that you'll have to re-login each time you change your password, but that's not too big of a deal.

simon

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account