Re: headlight keeps blurning out

caseman /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Gah, I played and played with the circuit to my peugeot for weeks this summer. First off, the speedometer and taillight are in series with the headlight, so if it blows then none light up cause none are getting power. Second, if it keeps happening, make sure you have the correct voltage and wattage on all bulbs in the circuit. The crazy magneto setup makes little or no sense to me: I just know that it demands having the factory determined wattages and voltages. If the taillight is wrong it may cause the headlight to burn too quick and hot or whatnot. Watch the amps. And yeah, a fuse would be a killer idea: of course it depends on what kind of power source you use what kind of fuse you get. Battery is dc, coil is ac, but if it is ac you still may have a regulator making it dc. Oh boy. This is what I discovered this summer. Fuse the thing though: a fuse is much much much easier to find that a 6 volt 22 watt bulb.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  headlight keeps blurning outTopic by: Kevin Barrans Kevin Barrans 09/22/02 08:48PM
  Re: headlight keeps blurning outRe: Wayne Wayne 09/22/02 09:00PM
  Re: headlight keeps blurning outRe: caseman caseman 09/22/02 10:05PM
  Re: headlight keeps blurning outRe: Kevin Barrans Kevin Barrans 09/22/02 10:19PM
  Re: headlight keeps blurning outRe: mbartell mbartell 09/23/02 11:45AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account